Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N air filters for the VN

cev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4
K&N air filters for the VN - are they worth it?

Ive noticed a lot of people on here do use them, but do they really improve peformance and fuel economy???

Im considering it for my VN Exec '90, just for reasons of fuel efficiency mainly.

Anyone know the part number?

Anyone know what price I will be looking at and where I can snap up a good price for one in Sydney??

Thanks.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I really only noticed the difference that the K&N Filter smoothed the acceleration, didn't feel much in power.
As for Fuel Econmoy, I didn't notice any difference as well.
I have been meaning to put my standard filter back in to compare.

But for a VN K&N Filter it cost me $130.
But I didn't buy mine in Sydney so I don't know how cheaper you could get down there.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
I can feel more air coming in, it doesn't seem to be crying for it as much anymore. The idle is a bit rougher. I will be getting a CAI soon and i will definately need it then.

Part number is 33-2031-2

Supercheap has them for $130

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
ive explained filters in v6 development section. but no a k&n is not really a preformance upgrade. the only reason ppl think it is, is because the paper filters they have are usually blocked up. if u replace paper filters often its as good as a k&n. the good thing about a k&n is that u dont have to get a new one just go with the one u got. clean it every 2 years or so. but if u get a CAI get a k&n because it will flow a little bit better.

Olden

Reaction score
An advantage of the KN is that, if you run Gas and you occasionally get a backfire it might actually stand up to it better than the standard air box which generally blows apart leaving a perfectly good air filter with nothing to hold it.

M

movn

they are proven 2 flow more.... and ends up saving money on replacments,, got mine 4 $110

mezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE VT ACCLAIM
Got my k&n filter on my vt made no difference untill I put my sport exhaust in, you can tell the difference it make's when you've got a paper filter in and the k&n filter. :w00t:

jdd

Reaction score
movn said:
they are proven 2 flow more.... and ends up saving money on replacments,, got mine 4 $110
They have also been proven they don't filter as well as a paper filter.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
noob here: isnt cold air intake (CAI) a k & n filter or is that what sits in the black box or what

jdd

Reaction score
Trewman said:
noob here: isnt cold air intake (CAI) a k & n filter or is that what sits in the black box or what
K&N is a brand of filter. CAI is the piping/duct-work, which is meant to duct the coldest air available into the engine; this sometimes incorporates the housing for the air filter.