Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&n Panel Filters

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Hey Gang!
Just been thinkin bout gettin a K&N panel filter for the ss n i was wondering if it was worth it or not? Is it going to give me a power increase at all? Is it noticable? Are they legal in Vic? One thing thats making my decision easier is the fact that they can be cleaned and reused!
Any comments/opinions welcomed!

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
i noticed somethign when i put mine it...it was a lot smoother taking off....also i heard that with CAI you get an extra 3 KW from the panel filter...im yet to get CAI though

D

death-from-above

It wont necessarily give you a power increase but a much better throttle response, i say go for it, they are a lot less restrictive but just make sure you clean it properly and oil it properly. Yes they are legal from my understanding besides if you get done for a panel filter then you know the rest of your car has already been gone over with a fibe tooth comb!!

G

Grantis1976

Not knowing where you are mate, its hard to say on the legalities.
Common sence would say that they are legal, as they're designed as a factory replacment, and do a much better job that a paper! Like someone else mentioned, if you done for the panel, your fucked! Sorry, but I've seen with my own eyes, a cop put a defect notice on a BRAND NEW stocko.

As for power gains, I've got one on my VL, teamed with a C.A.I., it feels alittle better, but its the fuel bill that I noticed the gains! Legal in QLD, good for hp.

Good Luck !!!

A

Andee

G'day,
I have been running with a K&N filter for awhile now and there legal and worth it. All the above comments are correct. More responsive performance, economy and re-usable. All you really need is a cold air induction intake to replace the standard entry to the air box, these can add up to 10 Kw alone. You will find genuine Holden ones on Ebay for around the $60 mark and well worth it.
I fitted a "SS Induction" cold air intake and noticed the immediate difference but there very expensive.

Check the attachment

Cheers

Andee