Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K-Sport coilovers for ve ute

54VVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE thunder Ute
hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has installed or had any experience with K-sport coilovers for VE.
i am thinking of buying these:
Ksport Coilover kit Holden Commodore VE Sedan, Ute and Wagon | eBay

i am tossing up between K-sport coilovers and Pedders coilovers.
i am going more towards pedders as it is alot easier to adjust the damper on the rear strut.

cheers.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Its up to you, but how much time are you going to spend adjusting settings from day to day...???
A good strut/shock & spring combo should give you what you need.
Maybe a strut brace could be an option as well.
Speak to GSL Rallysport. They are a Forum Sponsor & really know their stuff.

Last edited:

54VVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE thunder Ute
thanks for the reply mate. will talk to GSL

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I will say this once and I will say it again.
I used to think that K-sport was absolute crap! But there have been and still are people in the amateur racing industry, that have been using K-sport products for a number of years now and have no issues what so ever.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
Although not for a VE, I love my K-Sports.
They provide exceptional handling and I feel their bump absorption is very smooth (compared only to BC Racing coil overs), as long as you don't max out the clicks.

Just don't buy them in Australia.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
Different cars but here my experience with k-sport tein and pedders, coil overs. My vk has k sport coil overs in it. They seem good but adjusting the rears is a pain in the ass. Not sure if the ve ones are any
different. They don't ride as good as the teins in my gto and the teins are easy to adjust but the teins seem noisier then the k sports and sometimes after a lot of driven the adjuster will self adjust the damping (still investigating this). The best would be the pedder xtreams I had in my vx ss next to no noise and very nice ride. Only down side is they are the dearest out of the 3. I would go with the pedders if I was you but that's just me.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

54VVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE thunder Ute
Thanks for the replies guys.

STEEV888: where would you suggest to buy K-sport coilovers from if not from Australia?

the only thing turning me off the pedders is the price..as i am a student and on a budget

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
I purchased mine from this guy Product Brands - Street to Track
He is an independent importer from QLD
I found him on boost cruising and was extremely skeptical about purchasing from him, initially I strung him on for about a month before I committed as to purchase from him I had to just transfer the entire sum into his bank account and wait 'up to 22 days' for my parts.

I was quoted $1895 from K-sport aus who gets their supply from K-sport usa.
STT had them shipped to my door for $1100 and it took about 4 working days.

Price is dependent on the aus $ value, I referred a friend one month after I got mine and he got his for $990, exact same thing.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Try Chris at Performance Suspension, XYZcoilovers, very well used here in Brisbane (gold coast) very keenly priced, it is a family business so will look after you, his father ran it before hand so been around along time, had a story/spread in street commodore a while back, well known to alot of the hi perfomance shops around, about $1550 for a VE, am looking at a set for myself, chris has done other suspension work previously for me so I am very happy with his service and product, he also does springs and shocks if you dont go coilovers