Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// KBAGZ' Impulse R8 Clubsport

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Small update:

Numberplate garnish basically fell off and pulled away from the silicone. It has come off before in its life, due to the locating lugs being broken. So I got an panel shop to glue it back on for me, because my silicone job didn't work out too well.

Also replastidipped the rear garnish better this time around.

I have a few mods planned, but majority have been put on hold, as I had a 2nd degree heart block last month and have had no income.

Will update next week and the Clubsport is doing its first formal for a friend and his partner.

Stay tuned.

DougoMundo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Lumina
Correct me if I'm wrong, but VZ calais lights don't have reflectors, unlike your original ones. Had any dramas related to that?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but VZ calais lights don't have reflectors, unlike your original ones. Had any dramas related to that?

Doubt cops would even pick up on it but technically illegal yes.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Doubt cops would even pick up on it but technically illegal yes.

As Wraith said, yes they are technically illegal. The Calais has the reflectors built into the lower bumper. However you can use stick on reflectors, like trailers use. I put some either side of my numberplate on my SV6. Looks quick good actually.

I rarely drive at night and have LED bulbs throughout, so not 'seeing' me is not an issue.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I have small reflectors that come off a Harley, which I bought off eBay a few years ago when I fitted my VY Calais tail lights to keep it legal.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Wow that looks factory.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Only problem I could see is if you had your car parked somewhere dark and they couldnt see it from the reflection

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Only problem I could see is if you had your car parked somewhere dark and they couldnt see it from the reflection

I thought the same thing but there is always the number plate that is reflective too....

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have small reflectors that come off a Harley, which I bought off eBay a few years ago when I fitted my VY Calais tail lights to keep it legal.
Wow that looks factory.

Looks the good Surf, and I agree with wraith. Though if I went along the lines of that, it may look odd with the black bumper insert. Though I was looking at the LED bumper reflectors that you wire into your brake light circuit, like the Mazda's and Mitsubishi's have. That would look alright.

I thought the same thing but there is always the number plate that is reflective too....

Good thing is Trayner I never park on the side of the road anywhere at night. Always garaged overnight. So unless they crash through my gate and fence, I won't get hit ahah.

And surprisingly Mark, the black and silver prestige plates do reflect a fair bit of light back. As my friend was whinging about it when he was driving behind me, though it would have been the angle of the light and the height of his 4WD.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I was originally going to put a single square style reflector on the centre post of the insert similar to how the new WRX's have them.