Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keep and tune or sell and buy tuned?!?!

P

Pauldw500

OK so have had my first V8 for 3 months now and love it! I have a 2009 VE SS. It's box standard apart from a set of muffler deletes I put on to enhance the sound of it.

So now I'd like a bit more power and a lumpier sound. I have $5000 - $7500 to play with. Now do I sell my car and put the money on top and seek a 'tuned' car, or do I keep and get a cam package?!...

Will appreciate any views...

P

Pauldw500

Do love the current car but...
Screenshot_20210102-101849_OneDrive.jpg

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It's always better to mod yourself always.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea get yours done, if u get something alse u just dont know how the tune is as might be garbage then ur complaining bout it smelling and acting up in traffic, least if ur new tune on current car did that u can take it back to get fixed up, but the other one ud have to pay for a new tune anyway for any adjustments if it needed fixing

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Not mention if they did a cam you don't know if they just did the cam or the lifters, springs and rockers ect.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Tony's garage baby turbo kit is drive in and out for $8k ;)

As above, if you love and trust the car, keep it and get on it! You just don't know how good or bad a car is molested if you buy it pre built and you don't have the luxury of warranty. At least if you go a cam package and have any issues they should be covered

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
As stated if you really like the car & plan on keeping it a very long time...modify what you got.

Rarely buy a modified car that is 100% exactly the way you want it...usually have to change or fix something spend more coin again.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sell it and buy a HSV with an LSA in it... :eek:

Yes it’ll cost much more but you’ll have a fully engineered and compliant vehicle.

If it’s the process of modding you like, then that should answered your own question;)

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Sell it and buy a HSV with an LSA in it... :eek:

Yes it’ll cost much more but you’ll have a fully engineered and compliant vehicle.

If it’s the process of modding you like, then that should answered your own question;)

Except LSA's are crap. LS9 or LT is so much better. Yea it's the most "performance" engine in the Australian range but they're crap compared to the GM performance range.