Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

keep or sell my munro..?

doggie458

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8 monaro
i have a 2002 munro which has just ticked over 80.000 ...i dont want to part with her but their comes a time ...sniff..sob......but as there are no more being made should i hold on to her and maybe just maybe she will jump in value or should i let her go to some bastard who will do her wrong.....what u think ppls.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I would wait for around 6-12 months yet. Once you cant get em new, 2nd sales will no doubt jump.
AirStrike :air:

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
Id like to think the Price will go up... But in reality its up to manaro owners ( and car yards ) to set prices and you will know if its worth more cause either people who want one ( ME ) will either pay the Price or wont... But id say 2-3 years and they might come up in price MIGHT... But by then who knows what might have happend.. and if the LS2 really takes off like i expect it too then the Humble LS1 may well be left in its wake. :my:

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
KEEEEEEEEEEEP HER!!!!!! she is part of an era which should not be ending and therefor is to become the instant classic !!!!!

just my opinion.

(posted by MIKEVXSS)

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Read between the lines of Holden's "Last of the Monaros" spiel. It refers to the current model not being continued except for export markets. They have been very cagey and have not stated that it would be the last Monaro ever though this is what it has been taken as and reported as such.
I would suggest that whilst there is no new model available prices will rise so I would watch the market for the next few months at least before making the decision unless you have to sell it.
The Monaro will return, it is just a question of when. It will happen when Holden considers the buying public ripe for the picking, probably a few years from now.
Your model will not return so it may become a classic but there are a lot around so the old saying applies "it will be worth only what somebody is prepared to pay for it" and I guess it will be a competitive market, given that many believe it to be the "Last" which would push up the prices now. Over the next year or so prices could skyrocket as more people will fight the urge to sell them thinking of them as an investment rather than just a car and there maybe very few on the market then.
If that makes any sense.

Off topic: I was talked out of buying some land and 5 cars, for $40000, when I was 18 by my Parents. The cars and land are now worth over a million dollars but I still love my Parents.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It takes along time for classic cars to go up in value, at least 20 years for them to really start rising in value.

You never know what Holden are going to do with the VE, people might forget about the Monaro pretty quickly just like they did with the original if Holden can manage to build a new Torana hatchback

doggie458

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8 monaro
thanx

different opinions from u guys which i expected and appreciated.....it was basically the mileage that was the worry..my girlfriend says to leave it in the garage and take her daewoo to work...so after she picked me up i realised this relationship going anywhere fast......but my new girlfriend......well..

doggie458

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8 monaro
the x

i think i'll keep er.................for now.

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Monaro-2010 VESSV Ute-2010 Kawasaki JetSki
Monaros are selling for $2000 more at the Dealers Actions due to demand of the car since Holden decided to cease production locally. If I was going to sell mine, I would wait. I bought my Monaro because I just love the way it has been developed. It would be the only car that is radically different to all locally produced cars since it's inception. The only way the Monaro might loose some appeal is if Ford bring out a Coupe version of theirs.....and if they do, I will certainlly buy one as well.