Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keeping my battery charged

r2160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
All

I went to drive the GTS today, but unfortunately, the battery had gone just a little too flat to start.
As I dont drive it very much, can somebody recommend a solar charger that would maintain the battery voltage. I have looked at CTEK and they seem to have a great reputation but to be honest, after looking through their range, it doesnt really specify.
What are you using to keep your car charged?
Thanks

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
check out the red arc range

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I bought a CTEK a few years back and pop in on now and then to top up the battery, my SS can sometimes sit for several weeks with out use,
and usually short trips when it is used, I pop it on for a few hours and it runs through its 8 stage cycle and when it says it is fully charged, which is usually a couple of hours, I unclip it and pack it away. I have a friend with a Corvette and he leaves his connected for months at a time, it only kicks in if it detects that the battery needs a top up then turns off.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
For work we purchased some solar powered ones from John Deere to keep the tractors charged and they only cost $60.00 each. We just had them hardwired into the leads for a quick plug in.

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep got c-tek charger...accidently bought smallest one thinking was different larger/faster unit 'on sale' damn thing works great just takes little bit longer to recharge as was meant for bikes lol

Once every 2-3 months or so might put it on weekender to top charge up but usually use it for car jobs to bring their dead batteries back to life with 24-48 charge.