Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keeping registration number, changing plate...?

C

commolover

For anyone who was interested, I called up Vicroads and they said it would cost 71 odd dollars for the new plates.

Thanks once more.

smithy73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Are they damaged ? - maybe they should be ;) you know cos they're not roadworthy ;) for safety's sake ;) wouldn't wanna break the law and that ;) if you know what I mean.

S

sandor

:wave: put it this way custom plates are good....not only can u get rid of the boring white with blue u can choose a colour that suits ur car or liking.
also if u have an attractive car with standard no. plates people are probably not going remmember it.

wouldnt u want somone to say............e.g (OH, HAVE U SEEN THAT DONE UP VT his plates are ??????)

Oh and euro plates look really good on european cars = mercs, bmw, audi ect..
only thing i dont like about custom plates is when u really cant work them out =(.

must admit best one ive herd about is ENIS = great for P platers
(if u dont get it put the p plates on the number plate).

jbj123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
hey guys has anyone got slimline plates on their VTs? im considering getting some but dunno how it would look so if you could post a shot that would be great. Cheers

xss001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VE SS
The neatest and cheapest is just get a replacement slim line for the front. The full size rear plate at least fills the space.

My view is the personal plate should be relevant for the car rather than the driver so my cheap solution was a future plate given I just missed all the SS.....plates. All I need to do now is paint out the IC in VIC and it is as good as one in the VXSS screen saver.

Your choice.