Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

keeping ya beast shining

X

xu1au

hello guys,,i spend a lot of time at car lovers washing my car as i live not far from power stations in victoria so it gets coverd in coal dust,,comes up clean tho im just wandering what polish is good for it,,what do u guys use to keep ya vt shining...

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Meguairs (I think thats how you spell it) deep crystal polish. Good stuff, expensive but. That with the same brand wax.

gamevx

LS1 Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS manual and VX berlina v6
I also use meguiars, but i use Nxt Generation Wax on mine.

for weekly washing i use meguiars Hyperwash. gives a really nice shine.

thats the good thinkg about where i work. i get all my car stuff at whole sale:p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
xu1au said:
hello guys,,i spend a lot of time at car lovers washing my car as i live not far from power stations in victoria so it gets coverd in coal dust,,comes up clean tho im just wandering what polish is good for it,,what do u guys use to keep ya vt shining...

lol, i suggest not using car lover's, high pressur eis bad for poish and waxes. My guess is everyone will sggest meguir's, but, for me its ****, short shine etc.
For the best polish use Zaino. Gives the best finish, and best quality. Expensive but worth it.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS Commodore
i use the meguirs nxt generation wax but i was wondering if i should be using a polish as well, if so what does meguirs offer which wont damage my clear coat

9C1pack

Reaction score
Last polish I used Meguiars, but I am not sure it lasts as long as the Polyglaze I was using. Time will tell.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
minux said:
lol, i suggest not using car lover's, high pressur eis bad for poish and waxes. My guess is everyone will sggest meguir's, but, for me its ****, short shine etc.
For the best polish use Zaino. Gives the best finish, and best quality. Expensive but worth it.

Meguairs is the best over-all mass market brand.. It's like the worst of the best or best of the worst..

I wouldn't touch Meguairs Wax with my 10 foot pole.. I use Zymol Cleaner Wax, all natural and leaves my car lookin like a damn mirror.

I clean the car from head to toe.. I use a high pressure hose to loosen the dirt and any other grime on the car. Full sponge bath.. Rinse off on low pressure..

Chamois dry..

Apply polish all over the car and then apply wax all over the car..

Whole process takes 3.5-4 hours, but results speak for themselves..

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_490.jpg

The bonnet was resprayed about a year ago.. So it's fairly fresh..

The other paintwork (everything but bonnet and guards) are 191,300km's old.. They used to look **** til I gave my touch to em..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
trepaul said:
is that tyre flat or what?

Completely flat. Like the tyre guage said 0..

The other ones were all at 38.. Since I pumped it up, no problems.. So probably not a slow leak..

But nice spot..

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
my word,that m/c certainly is not for the light of heart.