Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kenwood any good?

m3rcy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Okay yeah i dont exactly want it to be excessively loud, i just want a system that will be loud enough but sound really clear at the same time, and i thought the same, as nearly every person has an ipod or mp3 player...

Cheers

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
[QUOTE Does that mean you can run 2 speakers off of one channel? just as long as the amp has enough power to do so?CHeers[/QUOTE]

Provided the amp has suffiecient power, and that the amplifier is stable at the ohm rating presented by the speakers.E.g, you could essentially wire 2 (4ohm) speakers together, to obtain a 2 ohm load.But i wouldn't worry too much about things like that, your not likely to be doings things like that with your first setup...Also, the type of head unit you use, if matched with an amplifier, has little if no impact, on loud it is.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
You'll probably find it to be reasonably loud (louder than the stock deck), if you drive the speakers directly from the head unit, but if you want louder and/or better quality sound you'll be looking at amplifiers anyway - at which point the head unit becomes mostly irrelevant in determining maximum volume.

m3rcy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Alright, its all starting to make more sense now... so why do some pay 1000 for a head unit? or is that where the quality of the sound comes from?
So that means a decent amp will improve sound quality?

Sorry for all the questions hah but its really appreciated :D

Cheers

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The more you spend, the more you get.
$100 unit-single pre out, CD player (so you can play a CD, and connect a single amp)
$500 unit, 3 pre outs, MP3, Bluetooth,USB, parametric eualiser, ect ( so you can play a CD, MP3, Ipod, ect, you can connect 3 amplifiers, and have total control over them)

While they might not be the exact things you get for the price, it's just a really rough idea of the some of the features you would expect to get.

So that's why a few members gave you the advice of buying a unit that suit's your plans for future upgrades.E.g, there is no point in buying a head unit with only one pre out, if you want eventually add 2 or 3 amplifiers.

m3rcy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
The more you spend, the more you get.
$100 unit-single pre out, CD player (so you can play a CD, and connect a single amp)
$500 unit, 3 pre outs, MP3, Bluetooth,USB, parametric eualiser, ect ( so you can play a CD, MP3, Ipod, ect, you can connect 3 amplifiers, and have total control over them)

While they might not be the exact things you get for the price, it's just a really rough idea of the some of the features you would expect to get.

So that's why a few members gave you the advice of buying a unit that suit's your plans for future upgrades.E.g, there is no point in buying a head unit with only one pre out, if you want eventually add 2 or 3 amplifiers.

Okay, yeah that clarifies alot there... so now when i buy one ill know a little more then what i did :D

Thanks too all that put in a hand to help out, really appreciated + might have some questions later on haha