Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key in b-pillar

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
there is no hidden keys from the factory anywhere in any model.
the lock to override the immobiliser is in the A pillar if fitted & its not really hidden.
the antenna key is only for non electric ones so you can pull it up from all the way down, all manual antennas have something like this.

this is one of the funniest rumours ive heard yet..

Rob

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Yes this was one of the funniest ones and NO there was no key in my mates car, but hey it gave us abit of hope thinking there might be one in Australia if someone said so. I like the one that i heard which was if you smash the rear tail lights on the VS it will set off central locking thus opening up your car. Funniest part was watching the lense smash and nothing happen except a broke tail light as a mate actaully tried it! Wingnut

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
No Keys

After building several speedway cars over the years VB, VC, VN, VP, VS, where we start with a complete car and remove all of the interior, doors etc and start with a bare shell and then fit roll cages seats etc. I can assure you that there is no hidden key, in any of the pillars etc.
Either A)your mechanic mate knows there is one because the previous owner placed one there for some strange reason or
B) Your mate is full of ****!
Personally i think it is B.:whistling

controlled chaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
having a spare key in the b pillar would be the same as leaving ur key in the ignition, makes the immoblizer pretty pointless wouldnt it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do you know how a commodore key actually works? It requires some input from the user to disable the immobilizer. You either have to press the button or put it into the ignition. It is not a transponder. Just having the key in the car will not disable it.

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
Rumor has it if you press the horn 3 times then put the a/c on 3 it will turn the ignition over?

J/k

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No no no...you have to press the horn 4 times and keep your right hand out the window.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Yes this was one of the funniest ones and NO there was no key in my mates car, but hey it gave us abit of hope thinking there might be one in Australia if someone said so. I like the one that i heard which was if you smash the rear tail lights on the VS it will set off central locking thus opening up your car. Funniest part was watching the lense smash and nothing happen except a broke tail light as a mate actaully tried it! Wingnut

I've heard that if you short out two pins on the trailer plug (don't know which two pins) it can activate your central locking and unlock the car :p Apparently that's why the trailer plugs aren't mounted on the exterior of the car like other car makes/models. LoL

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All that will do is either blow a fuse or do nothing.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
I've heard that if you short out two pins on the trailer plug (don't know which two pins) it can activate your central locking and unlock the car :p Apparently that's why the trailer plugs aren't mounted on the exterior of the car like other car makes/models. LoL

Mine was mounted externally, but it wasn't factory...... can't say anyone opened it with that method, unless they locked it again afterwards..:)