Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key Remote (FOB)

Barnzey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I have just been told by holden that the remote CAN NOT be recoded I have to buy a new one
Is this correct? I was under the imprestion that they cound be recoded
Can anyone confirm this

Thanks

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Yep.....once a remote has been coded it can't be recoded.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I read somewhere that if you enter this default key code of 004462 that this will reset the key and allow it to be reprogrammed.I dont know how true this is.I copied it to my desktop ages ago from somewhere,I dont even remember where it came from,it could have been on here even.Ive got a Tech 1 and the key code shows up as a 4 digit number and the security code for the vehicle is a 6 digit code so I dont know what to think.I will have to get an old key that still works on day and have a play around with it..

Last edited:

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
there is no such thing as a code as you have mentioned, its all done internally and tech 1 can not see it. its just a bunch of random numbers matched bye the key head and bcm. the key codes in the bcm in security is the key cut code for cutting a stalk not the fob at all

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
there is no such thing as a code as you have mentioned, its all done internally and tech 1 can not see it. its just a bunch of random numbers matched bye the key head and bcm. the key codes in the bcm in security is the key cut code for cutting a stalk not the fob at all

A new keyhead has to be programmed with the code to match the BCM or the car wont start.This number is available through holden,they use your VIN to access this number from TIS2WEB which then allows them to program a new key.I have my 6 digit security number that holden used to program my new keys.I just asked the guy could I have the piece of paper with the number he used.He just put this number into the Tech 1,put the new key with new keyhead in the ignition and it programed the keyhead.Theres two different codes.Theres the security code and the key code as well.I think the 4 digit key code is the one you mentioned that does the stalk.The other is for the key programming and whatnot.

Psmithavsupplies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 3.8ltr exec A/T
Cheapest way out i know of is a $40 ebay keyfob and holden dealer $30 program

Psmithavsupplies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 3.8ltr exec A/T
.......or on the cheap way is to bypass the bcm security... its way too easy, but would allow you to drive and just use the key for a while if $$is the pressing issue

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
A new keyhead has to be programmed with the code to match the BCM or the car wont start.This number is available through holden,they use your VIN to access this number from TIS2WEB which then allows them to program a new key.I have my 6 digit security number that holden used to program my new keys.I just asked the guy could I have the piece of paper with the number he used.He just put this number into the Tech 1,put the new key with new keyhead in the ignition and it programed the keyhead.Theres two different codes.Theres the security code and the key code as well.I think the 4 digit key code is the one you mentioned that does the stalk.The other is for the key programming and whatnot.

that number is the bcm securty code. that allows the bcm to be accessed, i work for holden and i do key programing day in and day out vr vs keys are a piss easy and you only need the bcm security code if the key has been lost

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I wonder if that number I mentioned above ( 004462 ) resets everything in the BCM including the key.I wish I could remember where I read about it,its the same place I got the number.Also do holden use that security number to program a new BCM?

Last edited: