Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key stuck in ignition and won't turn to "on" position

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
So recently our air bag light has come on and stays on. Today the wife went out to the car turnt it on, realised the gate weren’t open, so she turnt it back to the reds as the air bag light sounded. She then tried to turn it back on but it doesn’t move. Not off or on, and it won’t come out . It was stuck. So question is do I need a new barrel or is this something to do with a safety mechanism with the air bag ?

Don't think it would be an airbag issue, more of a coincidence then anything.
Lock barrel is my guess.

But get the airbag reset anyway, after you have checked all plugs are plugged in, it's most likely a loose wire (plug) on the seats.

Seanie Mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore s2
Hey guys how do I get the ignition barrel out if my keys stuck in it still ?

Donnys vt.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt series 2
Hey guys how do I get the ignition barrel out if my keys stuck in it still ?
You need to get a locksmith as they have the proper gear to do it.there is no need to go to Holden for a new barrel as they can supply an fit an get your key to talk to the car ..so to speak.some locksmiths are mobile.I know as I've done this to my Vt.

Seanie Mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore s2
Cheers mate . I live out in the country a small town . More towards Albury but also near Wagga. Locksmith from Albury quoted me $550 but I had a guy come from Wagga for $370. A lot to pay considering my sister paid $250 in Sydney but it had to be done . Thanks for all your help guys , much appreciated