Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keza87's Manual Wagon

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
hey keza nice freaking wagon haha. i was woundering about your front end conversion ive been thinking of doing this (just saving up the money now haha) for a while now and i just want to make sure what i need for this. il be getting everything from a holdne wreck seeing as i can get them piss cheap then buying brand new(the only thing im buyign brand new is the front bar). i know i need

VZ bumper
VZ guards and guard liners
VZ side indicators
VZ bonnet
VZ cowl panel parts
VZ Headlights
VZ reo bar.

im woundering what else i need?? i think i need the wiring looms for the side indicators and stuff

cheers mate

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Keza

Tats mad, I have a NSW Falcon customer who just engineered successfully so will pass that info to you if you would like it.

SAS in Syd do Kalmaker so far as I know to cover you for a tune upgrade

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Yeh I have upgraded the fronts brakes to VE 322mm brakes. I just need to drive the car for a bit for the pads to wear in, at the moment I am not fully convinced.
I gave the car a good wash yesterday but didn't get time to take some pics

If you could pass that info on that would be great! I am now at the point that I am fairly happy and need to get the car fully engineered.
I gave consulmotive a call who gave me the advice to upgrade the brakes and now I need to get an emissions test but want to get the car a re-tune just to make sure it will pass.

I will give SAS a call through the week or call in during lunch.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Keza

My EF Falcon kit customer was engineered by the following business

This may or may not work for you but, was certainly successful for Ford owner

the engineer i used was,
akz vehicle engineering.
john wilson. he it a rta signitory for nsw act and vic.
his web site is AKZ Vehicle Engineering
and contact details are. Phone:*****
phone******(02) 6236 3009
Fax: *** ** *(02) 6236 3013
Mobile: ****0417 230 074
Email: [email protected]

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Maybe a bit too far for just an engineer, but at least there is a contact for someone who may need one close to Canberra.

Yeah the damage the forklift did was about $5,000! but the radiator support had to be replaced and the chassis rail end had to be repaired.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Yeh I have upgraded the fronts brakes to VE 322mm brakes. I just need to drive the car for a bit for the pads to wear in, at the moment I am not fully convinced.
I gave the car a good wash yesterday but didn't get time to take some pics

If you could pass that info on that would be great! I am now at the point that I am fairly happy and need to get the car fully engineered.
I gave consulmotive a call who gave me the advice to upgrade the brakes and now I need to get an emissions test but want to get the car a re-tune just to make sure it will pass.

I will give SAS a call through the week or call in during lunch.

Kez i still wanna see pics!

They should be better than stocko vx brakes, shouldnt they? What did u end up changing apart from calipers/rotors? Master cylinder, booster, braided lines? How much did it cost all up? Also what specific reason were you advised to upgrade the brakes, for better braking capability or just to say that they're improved over stock?

And you going to get it tuned to put out less emissions so it can be engineered, while sacrificing power? And are you still thinking about intercooling it?

Ah so many questions... :thumbsup:

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Kez i still wanna see pics!

They should be better than stocko vx brakes, shouldnt they? What did u end up changing apart from calipers/rotors? Master cylinder, booster, braided lines? How much did it cost all up? Also what specific reason were you advised to upgrade the brakes, for better braking capability or just to say that they're improved over stock?

And you going to get it tuned to put out less emissions so it can be engineered, while sacrificing power? And are you still thinking about intercooling it?

Ah so many questions... :thumbsup:

They should be but because I have only driven maybe 100km with them on they are still wearing in. The things changed were only the callipers, rotors (slotted and dimpled) and the rubber hoses. I will try and bleed the lines again and see if it makes a difference. They cost about $700 to do which I think is a reasonable cost considering most others on ebay are around $1,000.
The engineer didn't give a reason but I had always intended on doing the upgrade any way. It goes along with the thinking that if you improve the performance of the engine you need to improve the brakes, but that said the V6 and V8 commodores all run the same brakes except for the HSV's.

I am thinking of trying to get the emissions test through as it is depending on how much it costs. I am happy with the way it is now but still want to try a few different things first. Nah I am not going to inter-cool it but I have been looking at the liquid-cooled raptor charger (from memory it will cost about $1,000 to get my raptor upgraded). But that's all when I have enough money to do it all.

I will get the pics up when I can. I have injured my back whilst cleaning the garage over the weekend but at least have the VX in there now and I am happy.