Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kid with 350z = Owned

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
hahahahahahah yeah mate

grey 350z????? that was at my work - too asian guys in a new 5 series bmw
they were smiling and laughing when they came too look at the car

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
haha i went to Seaview as well, few years back some asian guy had a red toyota soarer. He ran out of fuel in the middle of the street. Left it there while he went to get fuel. Comes back and fills up. Thinks hes all cool **** and floors it around the corner. Don't know how he did it but he didnt turn enough, smashes through someones fence and ended up in their front yard. This was during lunchtime so everyone saw and was laughing at him ----

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
A very valuable lesson. It's been proven here in Victoria that you never know who is watching.

All it takes is for me to grab a reg and even if I don't approach straight away. Next time I'm in the office, a quick check is done then a visit gets paid to the owner's address.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
A very valuable lesson. It's been proven here in Victoria that you never know who is watching.

All it takes is for me to grab a reg and even if I don't approach straight away. Next time I'm in the office, a quick check is done then a visit gets paid to the owner's address.

pitty you guys don't have better unmarked cars, the unmarked cars stand out like a dog with enlarged testicles. pretty obvious to spot one within 100m, always a white/grey VE SS, i think the detectives drive blue omega's?

Whats the targeting like this Christmas season? mostly drunk/impaired drivers?

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
pitty you guys don't have better unmarked cars, the unmarked cars stand out like a dog with enlarged testicles. pretty obvious to spot one within 100m, always a white/grey VE SS, i think the detectives drive blue omega's?

Whats the targeting like this Christmas season? mostly drunk/impaired drivers?

They are all different colours. Of course they're always a VE SS for TMU, as they need the V8 power. Detectives are generally standard Falcons or Omegas, again all different colours.

The unmarked cars make it easier to blend in just that little bit. Such as sitting on the side of the road with the laser or being a bit back further in traffic. I even found that people behave like idiots when I'm sitting back in traffic in a marked car. I even had someone pop a burnout when I was only two cars behind them at some lights.

As for concentrating on certain things, there was Operation RAID (Remove All Impaired Drivers) which is a state wide operation run for a couple of weeks in December. That of course concentrates on drunk/drug drivers. There is also Operation Aegis being run again which concentrates on everything. Really, they're a way so that traffic guys as well as a heap of other uniforms can go out in cars and be put down as unavailable to attend any other events. They're then left alone uninterrupted to get the job done and keep a presence out there on the roads.

trucko

Reaction score
Members Ride
78 fj40 landcruiser with efi 5l, vy ss ute
too much need for speed for this kid i think.... game over!!!!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
They are all different colours. Of course they're always a VE SS for TMU, as they need the V8 power. Detectives are generally standard Falcons or Omegas, again all different colours.

The unmarked cars make it easier to blend in just that little bit. Such as sitting on the side of the road with the laser or being a bit back further in traffic. I even found that people behave like idiots when I'm sitting back in traffic in a marked car. I even had someone pop a burnout when I was only two cars behind them at some lights.

As for concentrating on certain things, there was Operation RAID (Remove All Impaired Drivers) which is a state wide operation run for a couple of weeks in December. That of course concentrates on drunk/drug drivers. There is also Operation Aegis being run again which concentrates on everything. Really, they're a way so that traffic guys as well as a heap of other uniforms can go out in cars and be put down as unavailable to attend any other events. They're then left alone uninterrupted to get the job done and keep a presence out there on the roads.

Cheers :) interesting to know, do you know that bogan copper that's always on highway patrol? (tv show)

back on topic, the reason i call bullshit on this is because a kiddie in a 350z is going to give up trying to race a uninterested luxury car pretty quickly. kids these days have short attention span shorter than a midget after having a piano land on his head. just doesn't fit to me, either that or the copper wasn't telling the whole story.