Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kids To Tired to Learn

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
I work in a school, and I just finished being in one as a student.

School should start at 8-8:30, like *most* jobs do. It should finish at 5pm.

Kids should get a morning and afternoon smoko of 15 minutes, and a lunch break of half an hour.

Keep them at school for work hours, but inversely, don't waste their fricken time in school. Stuff all the nonsense.

I believe it would be better if students sat "interviews" for high school and if they misbehaved they would be "fired".

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Do kids have hours of homework like they did in my day? We attended school between 8.45 till 3 and took home homework for 3 or 4 subjects. I wasn't allowed to watch TV till it was all done. Had to sit in my room and do it. Only distraction I had was my radio and record player. I am interested to see if they still have hectic study loads especially as they move through secondary school or have to do gooders had this abolished as cruelty to kids?

As a kid these days being sent to your room these days is not a punishment as they have TV, computer, console games, foxtel, ipod and portable DVD players. So many distractions and no discipline. No wonder they are up half the night.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I expect next year the news titles will be "Kids to precious to live"

Seriously..too tired for school? Go to ####ing bed earlier dip shits. Workload is the easiest it has been in a long time.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Haha, 11am? Bit much I think.

It's bad enough the shock the kids are getting these days when they come into the real world. Education system teaches them bugger all useful skills unless you're going into an academic field, via uni.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Well mine was 9 -3:15, those hours are good, all the afternoon lessons, especially thurs an friday no one cbf to do any work, and the teachers would plan our tests in the morning cause thats when we were more alert and awake. Id much rather finish at 3 so atleast you have the rest of the afternoon. it's bullshit, if your to tired the next day, learn your lesson and go to bed earlier the next night. It's no one else's fault. Year 12 was probably the easiest year since year 9 lol. I was only in accredited and dont think i had done homework since year 9. But i still got a good certificate at the end.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Do kids have hours of homework like they did in my day?

short answer is no, me, my friends, etc stopped getting homework after year 7.

you could study for a test, but teachers wouldnt organize something for you to take home and bring back the next morning.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina

you could study for a test, but teachers wouldnt organize something for you to take home and bring back the next morning.

damn, back in the school days i had miles of home work, but we would get fried instead of doing it. hahaha
but really, all of the kids should harden up, i was getting at like 7am, if i went to bed at 3am, stiff **** mate, i went to school.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute

totally agree. except some teachers would be like. finish off your essay/story/sheet etc and bring it back. if you didnt they wouldnt car, if you did they corrected it.
my english teacher was like this, daily would give us something near the end to start. i did it because i had nothing else on, and it did help.
but as they said, its up to you to want to learn, not us to spoonfeed.

and yes schools seem to want to lead you into academic studies (towards UNI) one of the senior people at school nearly didnt let me go to Trade school to get ahead.
jokes on him that very likely as a 1st year ill be taking home more then him weekly later this year =P

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I hope the thread starter was being ironic when he incorrectly spelt TOO* in the title....