Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kilowatt queries...

Grunter

Reaction score
Decent vl's are hard to find and will cost you a bit. Vk efi would be cheaper and not that much slower, or you could go the other way for a vn which is faster the the vl, and probably not very much more. But if you really love the vl than just keep looking :)

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
The first thing is to check the insurance on both V8 and turbo, remember both V8 and especially turbo engines are expensive to run. I reckon a traditional V8, maybe turbo get beat you 0-100, but the V8 will smash afterwards. Yes if you spend the money you will get the ulimate car...

niggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Well i'm 18, and have 1 year No claim bonus, and with RAC i can insure a v8, na 3L or turbo 3L for the same price - just a thought...

and a turbo will blow the pants off a vl v8, remember that the v8 was a carbie engine and the first holden v8 to run on unleaded, so it had a low compression ratio - where as the nissian engines were built & designed for unleaded...

Chears,
Neil

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
Grunter said:
Decent vl's are hard to find and will cost you a bit. Vk efi would be cheaper and not that much slower, or you could go the other way for a vn which is faster the the vl, and probably not very much more. But if you really love the vl than just keep looking :)
A good Vl can be found for $4000 and a turbo around $6000. Vn's are not real smooth either.