Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kimi's VT Acclaim :)

KimiClaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II, VT Commodore Series II
Name: Kim
Model: VT Acclaim
Year: 1998
Colour: Bermuda Blue?
Engine Type: 3.8l ecotec
Engine Mods: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Gearbox: auto
Diff: Stock
Brakes: Stock
Suspension: FE2
Wheels/Tyres: I honestly have no idea what they are :/
Interior: Standard
Other Mods: Aftermarket spoiler, blue speedo.
Stereo: Needs replacing :/

Future mods: wheels, blue led dash, Manual conversion.

I'll add more photos later :)

new car.jpg

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
very tidy!!

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
REMOVE CRAPPY HEADLIGHT DIVIDERS, they are illegal and crap.

Other than, very nice car mate, best of luck with it - definitely needs new wheels as you say. Great place to start.

KimiClaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
They came with the car :/ just havent taken them off yet... think the old owners thought the car was naked, had head light dividers, car bra, car cover, sunshade and seat covers...
Hopefully gettin Giovanna Dalar 5's with brand new tyres for $1000 :) but they're 20s and Im a p plater so I dont want to get defected :/

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I'd stick with 19's... Wouldn't go 20's.

That style headlight cover is not "Illegal" as MikeCuzzy made a fuss about, But it is ugly.

I'd lower it an a ton of maintenance to makesure it's up to scratch, An then go for rims. Upgrade rims once your tires are almost gone.

A real nice cut an polish to bring the paint up looking good, some window tint. Could make it look super clean.

Goodluck with it.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
lol, sorry Hozy, but I hate them almost as much as I hated the guy I saw today driving a Rodeo with a Chev Badge...

I'm not sure on the rules in Victoria, but they are illegal in NSW.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi29_rev1.pdf

Permanently fixed covers are not permitted. Covers with slots or holes in them are not permitted
either, because they drastically reduce lighting efficiency.

Most other sorts of covers are permitted though.

And yeah, 19's are plenty on a VT.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
lol, sorry Hozy, but I hate them almost as much as I hated the guy I saw today driving a Rodeo with a Chev Badge...

I'm not sure on the rules in Victoria, but they are illegal in NSW.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi29_rev1.pdf

Permanently fixed covers are not permitted. Covers with slots or holes in them are not permitted
either, because they drastically reduce lighting efficiency.

Most other sorts of covers are permitted though.

And yeah, 19's are plenty on a VT.

The covers meet all regulations, Nothing on them stops light output from the focal area of the headlight lens. Quit digging...

KimiClaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've had it roadworthied and checked by a mechanic to make sure I have no huge dramas with it and so far so good.. needed tie rod ends and boots and a new fuse and battery terminals but other than that there arent any problems so far :) I don't really care if they are illegal or not as they are coming off in the morning.
Im tossing up between buying the giovannas as they are worth $2000 without tyres and selling them to buy 18's or buying them to keep as they look amazing on my friends vt s in the same colour.. would I need to do anything to make them fit properly? As I know they scrape on hers.

Also while my car was in being fixed the mechanic called me 3 hours after I dropped it off to tell me my bumper was hanging off and they supposedly "fixed" it for me for free... When I went to pick it up there was a dint and a scratch at the front left hand side and I cant see it in the photo I had taken before I dropped it off... If you can see it in the photo let me know because they are refusing to admit fault...

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I've had it roadworthied and checked by a mechanic to make sure I have no huge dramas with it and so far so good.. needed tie rod ends and boots and a new fuse and battery terminals but other than that there arent any problems so far :) I don't really care if they are illegal or not as they are coming off in the morning.
Im tossing up between buying the giovannas as they are worth $2000 without tyres and selling them to buy 18's or buying them to keep as they look amazing on my friends vt s in the same colour.. would I need to do anything to make them fit properly? As I know they scrape on hers.

Also while my car was in being fixed the mechanic called me 3 hours after I dropped it off to tell me my bumper was hanging off and they supposedly "fixed" it for me for free... When I went to pick it up there was a dint and a scratch at the front left hand side and I cant see it in the photo I had taken before I dropped it off... If you can see it in the photo let me know because they are refusing to admit fault...

Thats going to be a hard one to fight , do you have any other pis of the car ? might need a closer pics if you want to go ahead agaist them , Clean car btw