Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs VX SS

B£å¢kÐðg

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I assume when you refer to SSL you actually mean UltraLow? As kings only have SL and UL.

To my knowledge kings also have springs which aren't listed, I have KHRL-SSSL's :D in the rear of mine which are incredibly low but aren't listed in the superlow/ultralow catalogue, most people I know didn't even know they existed until they seen mine.

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
To my knowledge kings also have springs which aren't listed, I have KHRL-SSSL's :D in the rear of mine which are incredibly low but aren't listed in the superlow/ultralow catalogue, most people I know didn't even know they existed until they seen mine.

got any pics mate?

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
heres a pic of my pedders (equivalent of SL's i think) from a cruise last night

this is with a full car load + half a tank of gas + quarter tank of petrol

its on 18's

tucktint.jpg

(i wasnt even booting it at the time, it squats down even further when i do)

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
bpotzz lol i would say thats an equivalent Ultra Low king spring... maybe even lower... looks pretty damn low if it isn't squatting that is...

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
go for a standard heavy duty low and it will lower your car by 30mm, superlows lower by around 35-40mm (realistically) and ultra lows are around the 50-60mm mark.

If you want to lower your car just that little bit (FE2 equivelant) then go a standard heavy duty low for your model car.

Send us a pm if you want a discount on new springs/shocks

B£å¢kÐðg

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
got any pics mate?

I'll have to get a descent pic of the rear of it, but to give you an idea it tucks a 20" inch rim with no one in the back and pretty much no fuel, with a full tank of fuel and two kids in the back well you get the idea lol

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I assume when you refer to SSL you actually mean UltraLow? As kings only have SL and UL. I would go SL all around, UL will be too low. Have a look here: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/82687-king-springs.html refers to V8's but i figure the amount it lowers your car should be the same.
This is the confusing part. So many names for springs:D.
Some call them SSL and others Ultra low. But some use SL as ultra low and some Ultra as SSL. And them some have SSL and Ultra low, And call the SSL lowest:bang:.
For me I'm lucky 99% of the time i have noone in the back. And i don't want to make the same mistake i did with the VP, Went SL all round and after sometime realized it could have been 10mm lower at the rear:cry:.

Post 2 in your link, That is the height i'd love to have. If i could pick the height, SL all round with a few more mm at the rear lower.

WJD634

WJD634
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
in my opinion lows are a waist of money and time, ultra lows are a bit of an over kill and cop bait. I have super lows and love the look feel and ride. rarely scraps going through spoon drains and never on speed humps. To get your value for money go for super lows all round. hope this helps.

Commyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
Thanks for advice and pictures, I have bought a set of super lows, so I will post pics when I install them.

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
bpotzz lol i would say thats an equivalent Ultra Low king spring... maybe even lower... looks pretty damn low if it isn't squatting that is...

nah sits like 1 1/2 - 2 inches higher noones in the car. but my mates are big boys..

thats why i was rim tucking 18's..

EDIT: but yes with mates in the car and fuel and sqatting it goes even lower than the lip of the rim. i was at firlile shoppin centre with rck on sat night and thought i was completely out of the dip, gave it a bit too much throttle, the ass sat down and scraped the tow bar for a few metres, one of the boys in a car 20+ metres ahead on the road could hear it with his windows up and prob had music playing too. - better than it being something else scraping tho