Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kings springs, are the cheap for a reason?

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Don't go to Pedders for anything go somewhere else. There coilovers are crap as well.

What's everyone got against Pedders? I've only been to a Pedders place once, but I'd say I'll be going back. They were the only place who seemed to actually know what they were doing and did a good job. I guess it varies from shop to shop...

Although he did try and tell me that Pedders springs were much better than Kings which I didn't agree with, and that if I wanna change my shocks I should definitely use Pedders shocks. Can't blame him for trying to sell his companies products though.

I'm running kings in my car and they've been good. SSSL front and SSL rear with stock shocks. I'm gonna save up the money to do shocks though which will hopefully make it better again.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Hope they are decent as I just bought a set.
They're not decent...they're better than that!

What shocks are you matching them to?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Don't go to Pedders for anything go somewhere else.

Pedders are fine to deal with, if you're going through a trade account.

Got SSL springs and adjustable Panhard for $300 delivered

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
They're not decent...they're better than that!

What shocks are you matching them to?

Still researching the shocks part. Have the springs, bearings, strut brace and now sourcing shocks and bushes. Any suggestions?

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Still researching the shocks part. Have the springs, bearings, strut brace and now sourcing shocks and bushes. Any suggestions?
What model Ute has you got? Also what height springs did you get?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
What model Ute has you got? Also what height springs did you get?

Vr Series 2 V8 Ute. Restoring to standard height (boring, i know!) whilst it is a daily driver. Want to make it as smooth and practical as possible. Currently sits 7cm off ground at lowest point so I will retain the current springs / shocks for when it is retired to an unregistered project.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
What's everyone got against Pedders? I've only been to a Pedders place once, but I'd say I'll be going back. They were the only place who seemed to actually know what they were doing and did a good job. I guess it varies from shop to shop...

Although he did try and tell me that Pedders springs were much better than Kings which I didn't agree with, and that if I wanna change my shocks I should definitely use Pedders shocks. Can't blame him for trying to sell his companies products though.

I'm running kings in my car and they've been good. SSSL front and SSL rear with stock shocks. I'm gonna save up the money to do shocks though which will hopefully make it better again.

It variers from store to store i reckon, it has been covered plenty of times. I wouldnt use them again.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Vr Series 2 V8 Ute. Restoring to standard height (boring, i know!) whilst it is a daily driver.
KYB's, $145 each for the font, $82.50 each for the rear. For the later model utes we use and Oztec in the back, but for VR/VS we go KYB all round.

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
gslrallysport said:
Kings to suit VE are $135 per pair front or rear. Kings and Bilstein B8's to suit VE are $1588.

Does that mean to get the Bilstein B8's alone will be $1318? Maths genius I know :boxing:

Plus getting them fitted. Definitely adds up lol... although if I'm gonna do shocks down the track might as well do a good job of it.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
KYB's, $145 each for the font, $82.50 each for the rear. For the later model utes we use and Oztec in the back, but for VR/VS we go KYB all round.

The price certainly sounds pretty damn good! Will look into the KYB Setup, thanks mate