Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Koni Yellow strut inserts

abambrook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Hi guys
Just chasing some information on installing strut inserts with the gland nut for VB commodore. Did you have to modify(shorten) the dick on the bottom of the strut to enable to gland nut to be tightened right up. The instructions are vague and just doesn’t seem right to reef it up and cause damage to the strut. Any assistance would be great thanks!

Attachments

• strut 1.jpg
    strut 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 96
  • strut.jpg
    strut.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 97

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Bolts up as per a standard insert...No modifying

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Was a few years ago (2018ish) but I had to take a bit of material off the end of the insert to get it to fit into the factory strut and tighten the gland nut. Didn't seem right, but with a small amount removed it fitted fine and haven't had any dramas with them.

abambrook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Was a few years ago (2018ish) but I had to take a bit of material off the end of the insert to get it to fit into the factory strut and tighten the gland nut. Didn't seem right, but with a small amount removed it fitted fine and haven't had any dramas with them.
Thanks mate, I’ll be doing it this week, but your comment sounds spot on taking a bit off the end to fit as it just didn’t seem right when I was playing around with them the other month

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Let us know how you go with it. Seems strange, but I guess those inserts may fit multiple vehicles so thats where the length may come from.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Years ago I bought some second hand yellow konis off a vx for a good price. They were in an excellent condition. Problem was they wouldn't fit the vh so I bought some new ones that suited. I kept the old ones for a few years before fitting the to the ute so not all was lost apart spending a few bob getting them fitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex