Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kuzman's Supercharged SV6

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
See how things go with the twin 2.25" before you think about going bigger.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I reckon 2.5 kuzman but BigJim has the logical plan. Have been thinking if I get one made it would be 2.5.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah understandable dilemma. You would think that increased emmisions as a result of the supercharger would be linear with RPM rather than just when on boost like for a turbo. I don't think you'll loose HP down low as a result of a 2.5" but it may drone like a bastard...guess that is the risk you take. If everything seems to run fine with the 2.25 then no need for the extra expenditure. Will still sound sweet either way. Can't wait to see how this turns out man...should be a hooter I reckon.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Here is my 5c on the matter - not to be taken as being credible as I am not there in person and could be missing other vital signs

First thing you could do is run the engine with the original belt in place and SC belt removed, you will probably find its all running sweet - maybe try it and find out.

A gear drive supercharger can absolutely make these kind of wild sounds and be totally fine, it is a noise that becomes worse the more unevenly the engine runs/fires at lower rpms, you can see on the vid that with a few rpm the weird noise more or less goes away. Basically the more smoothly the engine runs the less the gears in the charger will chatter.

About the oil in the charger, you need to learn ASAP how much oil the charger needs to have in it, how to check it with certainty, what grade of oil and how often it needs to be serviced. That type of charger doesnt have an oil container as such, it has either level bung in the transmission that you open and see if any runs out or it has oil supply from the engine itself. If you do stuff up and run the charger low on oil, then have a couple of thousand dollars ready for the repair, a gear set is hyper expensive and there arent any second hand pieces available at all

Could be all ok, or maybe not, I have put forward some thoughts and you can ask other people for their opinion as well - so long as they are someone who has worked with superchargers