Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kuzman's Supercharged SV6

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
You thinking about putting the car on E85?? also do you think you will still be doing cams kuzman?? (I know its more $$$) but if you did then it would be an absolute beast!!!!

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Yeah its definitely good pick up!! But i understand the whole E85 thing it would be a pita but the gains would be sooooo good!! With the E85 you would need a retune and im pretty sure bigger injectors (maybe a bit more playing around with the fuel system.. fuel pump??) because the car consumes more than normal petrol im pretty sure. Would be better for not an everyday car i guess.
The cams would be great but if it was me i wouldnt be able to afford both too! dw lol As for trans related issues, is yours manual or auto? ive heard with the manuals anything around or over 300rwkw will require a HD clutch. I would be cautious with the auto's though, rather stick with a good old manual :)

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
I think polishing up that cooler and have it nice and shiny behind the grill would be sooooo tuffff!! :D
I know more $$ again but a cpr6 would reap in power with this kit!!

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
thats sounds good with modifying the stock intake, let us know how you go mate!!
As for the trans, I remember reading about it in a discussion about a turbo kit for the alloytec, anything around or over 300rwkw will require a HD clutch. Yeah 300rwkw would be nice but i wouldnt expect it.. The stock clutch should hold out okay with the kit, but cams aswell my be pushing it. I guess it depends how you drive but it would be a worthwhile mod if you start to get some nice big numbers ;)
The big thing will be how much Steve can bring out of it with the re-tune, and i have faith he will surprise us all! :D

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
haha thanks man, well last guy i talked to with one of these was pulling 236rwkw on his VE with a standard exhaust system and no other mods except upgraded injectors. With everything on mine i'd hope for more than that, so unsure lol. Welcome to come drive it when it's finished.
Dyno figures tell massive lies.. and can be made to tell lies.. i would like to see his 1/4 mile time slip..

I think polishing up that cooler and have it nice and shiny behind the grill would be sooooo tuffff!! :D
I know more $$ again but a cpr6 would reap in power with this kit!!

Not really, has been found to lose power on the earlier VZ, supercharged of course

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
I have a custom modified Intake and Throttle body on my car, remember that you will be able to weld alloy in order to modify the intake. TB is ported.. Both these are a one of a kind modification.

Interesting to see what you make, and how it goes, Alloytecs are known to become very unreliable under boost. What tuner are you using and what PSI you running?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Sorry, not lies as such, but dyno results are very inconsistent. one may say 230, one may say 260.

Where can you get a ported TB from? What size?