Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L38 to l67 Conversion help

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
water wont flow through charger they nver did sounds like the bypass valve system maybew i never really looked into l67 that much

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
I think those hole are only used in the motors in the states

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
there diffinatly water ports, have two o-rings sealing them,and they were leaking and blowing all the water out with radiator cap off, but yeah a few people said the aust model/version didnt have the holes in the charger,so seems to be normal,

just got to find out now why its lost power, surge's and miss's a bit, used to be one big miss and kick in and go ok, but had the manifold to charger gasket changed cause i ***t it when i did it and those water jakets were leaking and running thru motor (never made it to oil thou, straight out exhaust?) but since got it back its not really kicking in at all. in 1st it stops reving at 5000rpm then nothing for a second or 2then changes gear and go's ok for a little and drops out again. try'd changing plugs and no difference. all vac lines seem ok, the bypass is shutting and pod not leaking, its more noticeable in second when have foot down for a longer period, with a quick boot it seems ok. was thinking mayb fuel's running out of pressure. but dont want to by stuff i dont need. aslo were thinking mayb the water leaking in was giving it more power somehow cause went better leaking water thru charger. it feels like it miss's a bit with the slightest bit of throttle when first take off too. bloody frustrating
shouldn't it be loosing traction/spinning a tad in first when floor it????? (with lsd +ss mags)

Last edited:

kramer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs S3 ute
a standard ecotec fuel pump aint going to cut it for a l67....... upgrade the pump before you melt the pistons!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohhhhh

are ya 100% sure??? i thought that but were told that they run the same pumps just with different fuel reg's

Reaction score
Members Ride
MOTHER ****ER , says in the bloody manual that supercharged models have 2speed fuel pumps for the increased pressure.. he run's a bloody commodore wreckers and didnt know..\

AND THANKS HEAPS FOR THAT, SAVED ME GREATLY and alot of $$$$$$$$

Reaction score
Members Ride
would have i done much damage to the motor???? done about 400ish km. haven't really floged it at all, mainly cruising and the odd squirt here and there.

Last edited: