Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 front LH fuel RAil bolt in block twisted off HELP/ options any one?

VTL67Calais

Vtl67 calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 Calais blue
Hey, my fuel rail on the front LH side has a bolt twisted off, out of the four bolts which are in the block where you pop the fuel rail over to keep it in line and held down, then normaly you can screw the nut on. the other thre are ok and the top middle bolt bigger one is ok. It doesnt seem to be leaking fuel and i put new seals on my injectors, will this cause a problem or is there a short term fix before i need to re tap a new thread and bolt? cheers everyone for reading hope you can help

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
It probably wont ever cause a problem, the injectors pop in with the oring fairly firm and the other bolts will hold it down nicely.

Best option for replacement is a drill and easy out, its in alloy so if you drill it out and stuff the thread a new oversize thread will be easy to tap. Depending on condition of car, how much you care about it etc is whether you do it. Personally i would fix it but at the same time nothing is going to come of it leaving it as is.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Photos never go astray... but the other 3 bolts SHOULD hold enough tension on the fuel rail to prevent the injectors from leaking. I can only see it being an issue under REALLY high boost pressures, but even then it would be a bit of a stretch.

try ezy-outs first. I find the square type are alot stronger than the twisted type...start with the smallest and work ur way up...if ezy-outs fail then drill it as large as u can without damaging the original thread in the alloy...then cut/tap the remaining slither of the bolts threads out of the alloy with taps.

VTL67Calais

Vtl67 calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 Calais blue
Thanks so much for the excellent answers really appreciate it, sorry for the late reply, I will try the suggestions, but its good to know its not urgent cheers guys