Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 into my Vx s MANUAL

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Hey guys iv done some research and haven't found any answers to my questions

I want to swap my n/a v6 for a super six but what wiring is involved to have the getrag 5spd behind this motor runnin perfect ?

Has anyone done this?

Someone please shed some
Light I'm in between mixed emotions on this lol

Cheers in advance guys

vxs93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX s-pac manual
Im no expert but I think the super6 didnt come standard with the 5 speed getrag because it cant handle the extra power. Especially if you give it to the car a bit the gearbox wont last. your better off throwing in a t56 gearbox even though it will be more difficult to put it all together.

lol a 6 speed supercharged vx that would be awesome.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
what he said ^

it will only be ok if you dont give it heaps.. why would you put a super6 in if you werent though hey ;)

why not get a LS1 + T56 package from a wrecker or something instead.. will be alot better

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
The getrag will be fine for a mild super6 (mine is fine with some mods a t56 is over kill for a stock to mild setup )

What you want will depend on how factory you want it to be.
Your first problem is the crank has no dowl pin holes so the crank will need to be drilled.
With the auto box removed the comp will throw up error codes an will require the computer adjusted so it knows it has a manual box this is no big drama if you contact the correct people.
You will need the flywheel balanced the same as the flex plate which from what I'm told is not easy for the factory flywheel. Most convert to a single mass flywheel (which i did) also it's cheaper in the long run.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Have look at this link, should have every answer you need/give you all the info you need to pick a option that suites you excluding the comp that depends on what type you have in your car. Is your car a series one or two.????
L67 TORQUE • Login

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
I'm not a member n that link takes me to a sign in page. And my car is a 2000 model so it would b very first model

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
It's a link to my page on the l67 forum. Lots of info there you should sign up.

Your car is not the first model it would be second last with a l67 motor the first would around the 1995 mark.

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
It's a link to my page on the l67 forum. Lots of info there you should sign up.

Your car is not the first model it would be second last with a l67 motor the first would around the 1995 mark.
Nah man I mean first model of the Vx series not the l67 models lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
If it's a series one that's good as it should have a chip and not the flash type computer. Will make it easier and cheaper for you.

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
I have read on a previous thread that all I need to do is extend some wires for some sensors on my existing harness? Is this correct?