Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 into VY 5 Speed!

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i use the stock 5 speed with my raptor supercharger 10 psi boost and have had no problems with it. its been charged now for about 30,000+ kms now

yeah if i was going raptor i wouldnt be worried but the bottom end torque of the l67 is what i was worried about... that and if i was going to drop an l67 into it i wasnt going to leave it stock :D

Sasha_85

Rising Sun Base Jumping
Reaction score
Members Ride
Type R Integra, VE SV6, L67 VS
Soooo that helped how?

dude i dont like doing crap work to a car then realising something has gone wrong
im currently finishing off a low 11 possibly high 10 second honda it could of been done
faster but i rather make sure everythin is done right the first time ..

there for i made sure i wont have any box problems with the L67 i went and got
it shift kitted does that make sense to your little mind ....

jeeeez some ppl so dumb...

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
Great conversion to do and alot of fun once boosted etc. My Getrag has survived alot but clutch is starting to slip but that is to be expected.
Key is, install a good quality HD clutch/solid flywheel and dont dump the clutch and it will be fine

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais International S/C
No, it doesn't. You've made it shifter a bit harder. Won't stop it breaking.

Haha yeah that's what I was thinking, if anything he is now putting more stress on the, as he put it, "exec" transmission.

I just love the fact he is calling people dumb yet can't spell people, sorry, I mean ppl.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
My Getrag behind my l67 in my vs it'd lasted about 3 weeks and know makes a horrible grinding/ winding noise. I didn't balance my flywheel because it was off my ecotec but this weekend I will be converting to a t5

. I have had the vr flywheel balanced just to be safe and a good qaulity HD Clutch so it should go good :)