Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 or v8?

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Couple of small mods on the l67 will have you eating the 5.0l for breakfast.

who said anything about a 5l? totally irrelevant...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Couple of small mods on the l67 will have you eating the 5.0l for breakfast.

Couple of small mods to the RB26DETT and you will be eating 1JZ's for breakfast

about as relevant

rbk_212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS M6
Agreed. I wouldn't swap out my engine for an LS1...way cheaper to just buy a whole new car.

definately right,

i just assumed you were one of those people thats like mega attached to their car and wont just sell the thing to buy something better.
Depends on what your looking for from the end result really :)

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Refreshing to see some people with common sense on this forum.
As above, You will never look back and regret buying another car with an ls1 already in it. Huge time and money will be saved

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Refreshing to see some people with common sense on this forum.
As above, You will never look back and regret buying another car with an ls1 already in it. Huge time and money will be saved

i know what you mean, the amount of people that think its feasible to do a LS1-T56 swap for pocket money astounds me

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Jamiejamie, this forum is membered by what would appear mostly 8 cylinder fans so im not surprised at the sided responses you've received thus far, and these types of threads always end the same. If this is your wish to build a worked L67, don't be put off by those that doubt the potential. Comments such as "a worked L67 being owned by a stock LS1" is not quite the case at all. I often wonder whether those that downgrade a worked L67 have actually ever driven one before passing judgement??? A quick L67 is certainly not a cheap path to take if done right and built to last, but is definitely loads of fun.
Don't get me wrong, I love a nice V8 as much as the next guy, I just find it amusing the path these threads always take.
My 2c anyway...
Cheers

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Jamiejamie, this forum is membered by what would appear mostly 8 cylinder fans so im not surprised at the sided responses you've received thus far, and these types of threads always end the same. If this is your wish to build a worked L67, don't be put off by those that doubt the potential. Comments such as "a worked L67 being owned by a stock LS1" is not quite the case at all. I often wonder whether those that downgrade a worked L67 have actually ever driven one before passing judgement??? A quick L67 is certainly not a cheap path to take if done right and built to last, but is definitely loads of fun.
Don't get me wrong, I love a nice V8 as much as the next guy, I just find it amusing the path these threads always take.
My 2c anyway...
Cheers

if it were me, id just sell your car and buy an LS1, then once youd have that, sell that and buy a turbo 6.

there you go champ. if you arent one eyed a ford XR6T will eat most V8's and L67s assuming you get the right mods.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
My 2c anyway...
Cheers

The "a worked L67 being owned by a stock LS1" comment surprised me a bit too. After driving my mates stock auto VX SS I can say my little l67 with mild mods is easily as quick to 80 km/h, and feels far stronger low down in the rev range.

No doubt if he had an intake, exhaust and tune the LS1 would eat my l67, but in stock form its another story.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
have alook on you tube at l67's dragging v8's...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
The "a worked L67 being owned by a stock LS1" comment surprised me a bit too. After driving my mates stock auto VX SS I can say my little l67 with mild mods is easily as quick to 80 km/h, and feels far stronger low down in the rev range.

No doubt if he had an intake, exhaust and tune the LS1 would eat my l67, but in stock form its another story.

ok then, theres a very small majority of owners of LS1 owner who actually keep them stock. exhaust/cam/tune against an worked L67, i know what id put my money on.