Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 or v8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
what time does a ls1 with cam,exhaust, tune, run down the quarter mile???? (just roughly) 10,11,12,13sec????

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
too many variables, auto, with a big cam and stallie to suit, OTR and maybe some 3.9's will pull low 12s on street tyres high 11's on slicks all day long

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Both engines were choked at the factory for durability and for later model power upgrades, if you spent similar amount on each the v8 would always win but it comes down to personal preference, I was looking at some scv6's when car shopping but i went with an 8, happy with my choice as long as the thing hangs together lol. scv6 probably the more durable unit. All comes down to what you want choose carefully and do allot of research.

Reaction score
Members Ride
worked L67 will still get owned by a stock LS1

/thread

too many variables, auto, with a big cam and stallie to suit, OTR and maybe some 3.9's will pull low 12s on street tyres high 11's on slicks all day long
gee's dude
so a ls1 with auto, big cam, stallie,otr,3.9's,exhaust and tune only does low 12's?
wtf does a 'stock ls1' do then ????? lol and how slow do you think a worked l67 is??? high 15's?? :rofl:

Reaction score
Members Ride

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
lol one of these treads again

Turbo 6> ls1
Peace ####s

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Owned both. Tuned L67 and my clubby.

Clubby would gobble the l67

VX L67 was tuned running 12lb. I was going to cool it but then looked at the options...

Needless to say I bought an LS1

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
so at the mom I've got just a ecotec 6 with a few mods. I know it would be alot easier to just buy an 8 instead Of an l67 change over but it seems like so much fun to do the conversion. If I were to do the conversion and work it a bit it would cost me more than to get the 8 but can anyone give me an estimate on power if I did the conversion but upgrade the l67 with cam and rockers, manifold insulator, intercooler, bigger pulley upgrade, supercharged heads, double row timing chain, hydraulic roller lifters, air to air intercooler plate and a tune and top it off with a 3.9:1 LSD, shift kit and bigger stallie. Know it would be heaps easier and cheaper for the 8 but think this would be a ball. Can't decide...love to hear from people who have gone down this road.
that would be a quick l67 with them mods easy

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo