Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 question

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
Looking at your times and comparing to my partners VX are a little funny. She has a stock VX (some blower porting) with a quick desktop tune with no logging, just a guesstimate, no pulley no other mods, just a 3.07 LSD. The best I could get out of it was a 15.1 @93MPH with a 60FT 2.0??? something. Its goes to show how the bottom end performs once you get it breathing a bit better.

thats not bad! mine ran a 15.4 with 10 psi, intake and rockers the first time i went out! an lsd got me to a 14.8. exhaust and tune got me to 14.5. my 14.2 was done at 10 psi but with a difference. i used a 77?mm pulley or 15psi. and capped boost to 70% through the bypass duty cycle which left me with 10-11psi almost instantly!

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Hey guys i got the pulley installed. Anyway took it for a quick squirt and it looks like my leads will need to be replaced i thik cos the cars not reving out smoothly. Anyway i got home turned it off and the car was crackling.....l think itwas coming from the exhaust cos i can hear it from the back of the car and sides, is it something to be worried about? There was a bit of a burning smell coming from the car aswell idk if it was just unburnt fuel or what .Power wise yeah it goes better doesnt take much for the low traction light to come up

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Crackling was probably heat in the exhaust, pretty normal after a squirt... The smell could be heat, or could be a oil leak onto your exhaust from power steering or engine?
Also, I got a vy ss dual 2 1/4 inch exhaust, quiet but more of a note than stock. Cheers.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Haha yeah true about the heat, come live in cairns, even more heat and humidity! you shud look at getting a cooler themostat man, i got one put in recently works well keep it much cooler

Seems to me, performancewise, cooling the air would be more benificial than working on the exhaust ? Especially once you upgrade the pulley.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
It's all so hard (read expensive) The 10psi upgrade is such great bang for buck it makes the next coupla steps seem very expensive for the gains - especially when things like cooling/exhaust go hand in hand.

I didn't know the bonnet clearance was so tight after cooling. Good to know.