Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 spark plug help please

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I think his comment was based on the fact that you are not supposed to re-gap iridium plugs and the 1.5mm gap is to big for a L67 with a 10psi boost upgrade fitted.

I'm waiting to get some feedback on a L67 I've been doing some tuning on that has an apparent miss-fire and factory plug gaps. Owner should be re-gaping the plugs shortly.

I'm running re-gaped iridium plugs with over 20,000km's on them without issue as far as I can tell.

Too easy I'll wait to hear your findings

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I won't use Irridiums in a boosted car either. The stock design plug with the non V grooved tip is great and work well on many an L67 and turbo V6. Irridiums may work well in a stronger spark system with boost but for the V6 not a consistent winner.

Stock plugs are great and cheap............as are stock leads ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm not doubting you. I stuck with the iridium plugs because they were fitted, no other reason. When it eventually does get new plugs they will be the standard type. Totally agree about the leads too. I now use the Bosch LPG spec leads and recommend them to anyone that'll listen.