Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 T5 mecal

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Searched through the forums found some info but not really what i was looking for, Was going to Pm "The1" but i remember someone saying he's been inactive for a long time so i didn't bother.
Anyway i'm going to be putting a l67 into my ute with a t5 behind it just wondering if i could get a memcal to get it running half decent so i can drive it to perth to get tuned, i live roughly 5 hours from perth any decent memcal or any advice
to get it running good enough to drive long distance would

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Searched through the forums found some info but not really what i was looking for, Was going to Pm "The1" but i remember someone saying he's been inactive for a long time so i didn't bother.

Won't get anywhere like that, what's the worst that could happen if you message him? He's been posting regularly in the last few months that I've seen (in fact his profile says he was active 3 days ago).

Yes, memcal can be done for this. If your L67 is stock then a stock (or modified) L67 tune can be burnt with the T5 parameters set. Depending on your setup (and desires) the mail order tune could be all it needs.

Others to contact would be delcowizzid, or head over to the PCM Hacking forum.

If you already have a T5 or VS L67 ECU then it should just be a case of putting the memcal in. If you have an auto ECU, PCM hacking has instructions on converting it to read the T5 speed sensor.

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Won't get anywhere like that, what's the worst that could happen if you message him? He's been posting regularly in the last few months that I've seen (in fact his profile says he was active 3 days ago).

Yes, memcal can be done for this. If your L67 is stock then a stock (or modified) L67 tune can be burnt with the T5 parameters set. Depending on your setup (and desires) the mail order tune could be all it needs.

Others to contact would be delcowizzid, or head over to the PCM Hacking forum.

If you already have a T5 or VS L67 ECU then it should just be a case of putting the memcal in. If you have an auto ECU, PCM hacking has instructions on converting it to read the T5 speed sensor.

Worst that could happen would be getting no reply :p i know what your saying but i just thought he left the scene completely, Not really use to this forum yet and still getting around trying to find peoples profiles haha, thanks for letting me know he's active anyway.

Yeah I'd say i'll leave it stock maybe just put a bigger pully on it? but if that stops me from being able to just throw a memcal in it and drive it then i wont.

Yes i've got a t5 currently in my ute with the ecu and harness, I also have the l67 with harness and ecu aswell.
But i'm just going to stick with whats in my ute since i can just sell the l67 ecu, harness and tranny for some $$

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Which PCM do you have currently? The problem is that a standard VS Auto PCM won't see T5 speed sensor which will cause issues but there are a number of options to fix.

leavz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Not sure mate how do i check? Wheres it located

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
ECU/PCM, terms are kinda interchangeable, but kinda not. It's just written on top. Passenger footwell anyway.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
im still here, i havn't been able to get onto the forum for quite a while must have had hosting issues, check my ebay i have T5 PCM's modded and tested to run as per factory with either n/a or s/c modded tune.