Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 ?

allan01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 185i
sounds like it playing up a bit, was it reco'd or rebuilt prior to purchase ?

LOL yea if it was 1984 it would be overdrive but D= Drive

Nah just a second hand 1 but the mileage was pretty good.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Serious when i leave the gear shift in 3rd and completely stop an take off again it feels like it's changing gears,
but in D which is overdrive right?... it feels more reluctant to change gears smoothly and kinda feels like its in 3rd a lot even at low speeds.

When i bought this vs sedan it had a warn out 7HDD auto which i removed an replaced with 6HDD auto from another vs sedan,
i was told that by a mechanic that the vs could take either but i am not entirely convinced.

Why are you leaving the gear shift in third? Put it in drive and leave it there. Unless your towing, there is no need to use the gears or the power button.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
also maybe D is set to some economy function or something.. in my car with the silly POWER button on the gear changers are quite crisp and off its quite slow and soggy...

yeah it is a gimmick and an embarrassing one at that, and i know what the f@#k a power button does but it is noticibly soggyer when off.. I HATE pressing the power button with passengers in the car, feel like such a tool.. stupid button in a stupid place !

It seems like you don't get what the power button is for, or what it does.

It does not give your car more power, it changes how the gearbox shifts.

As has already been said, with the POWER button off your gearbox is in economy mode.

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
It seems like you don't get what the power button is for, or what it does.

It does not give your car more power, it changes how the gearbox shifts.

As has already been said, with the POWER button off your gearbox is in economy mode.

:bomb: it seems you are a philistine ... i know what a silly PWR button does, i know it moves the bloody shift points, but in my car with the PWR button on, the gear changes are a bit more crisp aswell. I had it tuned at Torque Performance here in auckland and it came back like that.

And trust me, their aint no ECONOMY mode on a V8! LOL ;) turning it off and pushing it maybe..

Last edited:

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
:bomb: it seems you are a philistine ... i know what a silly PWR button does, i know it moves the bloody shift points, but in my car with the PWR button on, the gear changes are a bit more crisp aswell. I had it tuned at Torque Performance here in auckland and it came back like that.

And trust me, their aint no ECONOMY mode on a V8! LOL ;) turning it off and pushing it maybe..

how much did it cost to get the trans tuned them. and what exactly did they do for it?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
sorry yea "dyno tune" it was just part of the dyno tune $1050+gst. i told them about how my mates VZss had them sharpened up and they said that they could do it to mine, its better but not like my mates VZ which was done at ProTune. not sure what they did but its not as affective as the LS1s i think. all done by the ecu id imagine

Last edited:

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

My stock gearbox with the power button on changes the gears a bit quicker (is more crisp) as well, they are designed to do this.

Thanks for assuming I'm a philistine. To me your coming across as an Imbecile. :)

You never once mentioned that you have had the car tuned, they have obviously upped the line pressure in POWER mode for your car, this will make the ECONOMY mode feel very sluggish.

The way you described it is the thing that made me question you, so I will let you know why I have been trying to clarify and inform you as to what the POWER button does.

First you start by saying "also maybe D is set to some economy function or something", which pretty much implies you have no ####ing idea about the gearbox.
Then you say "i know what the f@#k a power button does but it is noticibly soggyer when off", this again reads to me, that you have no idea as to what your talking about.
You then go on to say that "it's an embarrassing gimmick", it is still better than your sluggish economy mode is it not? It obviously works and is doing what it is designed to do, soo what's your problem with it?

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
my god your worse than my mrs !!! its an embarrassing gimmick because to your passengers it looks like your/my car is struggling of some what so i have to activate my POWER button. i know it does its job but it should have been called something elles and maybe been put on the steering wheel or some place.

you just go around thinking everyones a dumb #### by what you quickly read and then get on your high horse. do you see any other people leaping up and down like you do??? get a grip mate we'r all petrol heads stop trying to think your king dingaling.

Last edited by a moderator:

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
my god your worse than my mrs !!! its an embarrassing gimmick because to your passengers it looks like your/my car is struggling of some what so i have to activate my POWER button. i know it does its job but it should have been called something elles and maybe been put on the steering wheel or some place.

you just go around thinking everyones a dumb #### by what you quickly read and then get on your high horse. do you see any other people leaping up and down like you do??? get a grip mate we'r all petrol heads stop trying to think your king dingaling.

who the hell is elles? is she your power button? or does she just press it for you?

Last edited by a moderator: