Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L77 lifters

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
Hi can anyone tell me I have a VF commodore manual with a L77 motor and have been reading that I should redo the lifters at 100000km what is a good replacement brand is yela terra still a good brand or is there better ones on the market now

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi can anyone tell me I have a VF commodore manual with a L77 motor and have been reading that I should redo the lifters at 100000km what is a good replacement brand is yela terra still a good brand or is there better ones on the market now
Hi mate, lifters in this engine act on the camshaft in the middle of the engine block to push thin rods connected to pivoting rockers. So lifters are lower valvetrain and rockers at the very top.
Being a manual, and the fact you have to take the heads off anyway to swap lifters, I recommend you swap cam for something better suited, costs marginally extra but you save that amount by using garden variety GenIV lifters. Plus this revision will give more value and last longer.
In fact the AFM delete kit plus cam is $1000 plus about $200 postage (two consignments to reduce import tax) from Cam Motion in the US, about the same price as replacing complete lifter set through suppliers here. Reason I say order online is that Cam Motion is at the top of their game and this cam would be ideal, so may as well get AFM delete kit from them too. May need to organise customs / shipping, dunno.
Then there's labour, budget 10 hours, and misc inc fluids, gaskets $500.
You don't need special rockers with that cam, these components will last a lot longer than what you've got.
So pitch it to whomever holds the purse strings as a prudent investment.:D