Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L98 into my VN

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
Hey all,

So the opportunity has come up for me to get my hands on a 6ltr L98, thought would be perfect for my project VN that i am currently wondering what horse to throw under the bonnet.
Now my basic question is, can anyone confirm that this will fit without ANY structural modification to the body of the car at all. Is it a simple case of sourcing the right motor mounts, fitting it in then doing the rest as per a normal motor replacement?
Also, due to the possible different length of the M10? will i need to get a custom tailshaft made, and what diff could/should i use?

Thanks heaps :)

Last edited:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
hope its not in a crate and a $2000 dollar opportunity.....

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
haha not quite mate.. the kind of opportunity you get when the driving skills of someone that you know, are all fail! And results in perfectly conditioned and untouched running gear, surrounded by scrap metal lol

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
xCalliba:2313732 said:
haha not quite mate.. the kind of opportunity you get when the driving skills of someone that you know, are all fail! And results in perfectly conditioned and untouched running gear, surrounded by scrap metal lol

Haha that's a good way to put it. I can't offer any tips sorry but I would love to know when you find out roughly how much (in parts, labour cost is me) this conversion would cost as I would love to do this to my vn when I get off my p's and if the budget allows.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
theres a few guys that have the ls1's on here and they have easily dropped 10k.