Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lacking a Oxy Sensor

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Hey

I'm just doing a clutch change on my VN SII, and noticed when I took the front of the exhaust system off that the hole where the oxy sensor goes is plugged and the wire that pluggs into the oxy sensor is dangling and looks like it has had a wire put in to bridge the connection.

What I really would like to know is are manuals ment to have oxy sensors or is this for auto's only?

Cheers

nopatcla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive wagon
They are all supposed to have O2 sensors, whats your car run like without one, what fuel consumption etc

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
NZ cars didnt use O2 sensors, due to leaded fuel

Rob

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Doctor Bob said:
NZ cars didnt use O2 sensors, due to leaded fuel

Rob
the dangling wires and bridged connector sounds pretty sus. if it origionally diddnt have one you'd think that holden world have done something a bit neater.

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Hey All

It is a NZ car, and the consumption is far better than the consumption of my VP auto wagon that has an O2 sensor (I'm talking $20 lasting about twice as long as in the auto).

Do you guys recon there'll be any advantage to running an O2 sensor now that we can only get unleaded over here?