Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lame-o-meter

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Arrrgh. I think October 2015 the SS went to HUD? your car is series 11 so you must have it. Big difference between Ser 1 and 2

Mine is 'black edition' - 2016 model. HUD and GPS was standard on them...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Have a look at my past cars in my profile. I could be a millionaire today .............. if only I knew ................... like the rest of us here.

It’s a bit like those lottery tickets, we all hear about someone striking it rich (or lucky) but it’s never us. :)

Cars are for transport or for a fun hobby, but rarely are they a good financial investment!

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
*throws up in mouth*

Seriously >9 seconds acceleration is about the same as an old Camry with the 4 speed slush box.
Man ... I remember when 10 was kinda quick, 6cyl Falcodores would be out-accelerated at the lights by newfangled twin-cam Japanese hatches that could juuust manage 9.9s ... :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Man ... I remember when 10 was kinda quick, 6cyl Falcodores would be out-accelerated at the lights by newfangled twin-cam Japanese hatches that could juuust manage 9.9s ... :)
Well before I got my license, I thought 30 yo’s were far too old, At 30, taking a ride on the carousel for renewal didn’t seem like a bad idea to my young eyes and brain... Obviously I’ve matured and the goal posts of what is considered old has been reassessed, multiple times, as I’ve aged myself...

Likewise, the moving goal posts of what is considered fast has been psychologically amended multiple times over the years as newer cheaper vehicles outperform those of old... Heck, today a VF SV6 pumps out 210kw’s while an old HSV VL SS Group A SV pumps out 180kw. Oddly both have similar 0 - 100 times of around mid 6’s and a quarter mile time of mid 14’s...

My how some things have progressed, some things have stayed the same and maybe some things have been lost along the way :rolleyes: But whatever you do don’t put a Group A badge on a SV6 or a SV6 badge on a VL Group A :p

And for those young ones who don’t know what a carousel renewal is, have a look at the below Logan’s Run clip ;)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Well before I got my license, I thought 30 yo’s were far too old, At 30, taking a ride on the carousel for renewal didn’t seem like a bad idea to my young eyes and brain... Obviously I’ve matured and the goal posts of what is considered old has been reassessed, multiple times, as I’ve aged myself...

Likewise, the moving goal posts of what is considered fast has been psychologically amended multiple times over the years as newer cheaper vehicles outperform those of old... Heck, today a VF SV6 pumps out 210kw’s while an old HSV VL SS Group A SV pumps out 180kw. Oddly both have similar 0 - 100 times of around mid 6’s and a quarter mile time of mid 14’s...

My how some things have progressed, some things have stayed the same and maybe some things have been lost along the way :rolleyes: But whatever you do don’t put a Group A badge on a SV6 or a SV6 badge on a VL Group A :p

And for those young ones who don’t know what a carousel renewal is, have a look at the below Logan’s Run clip ;)

Wtf did I just watch. Someone munching on magic mushies when they came up with that bizzare concept....

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Wtf did I just watch. Some one munching on magic mushies when they came up with that bizzare concept....
I think this is a perfect description for my reaction when I've tried to watch the classic movie Logan's Run. :)