Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lame-o-meter

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Yeah I look out the back for a general view. Detail is lost. I couldn't tell your plates or if your having a major road rage incident :p
IMO you lose alot of detail you'd normally register. Colour of cars is another example that I'd normally register in a clear window (without thinking)...but I cant say that I really notice unless I'm deliberately looking for detail.
Yeah mine were off ebay but on a vx rather than a vf.
For me, the visual impact is worth it for a little more concentration driving, on my vx anyway.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Yeah I look out the back for a general view. Detail is lost. I couldn't tell your plates or if your having a major road rage incident :p
IMO you lose alot of detail you'd normally register. Colour of cars is another example that I'd normally register in a clear window (without thinking)...but I cant say that I really notice unless I'm deliberately looking for detail.
Yeah mine were off ebay but on a vx rather than a vf.
For me, the visual impact is worth it for a little more concentration driving, on my vx anyway.
don't mean to be smart, but your not confusing the rear Venetian with the rear sunshade?

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
ahh yeah my bad... I have the venetian...not too sure what a rear sunshade is tbh....obviously crossed visions :)

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
grjfDvGdhWttmpTI0VdjxQTzXtxONRGrHL0lFHtLRQ21el0F1oulJI3FvLVOFq4Eq2F5AyngitwF3EJJueWtd7297-eyrD77UIYIPkEYD9Nlid0uLqwIq3QFh-EJVvpXEVQdRBY0SQ=w2400

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Is the "chuck L.Z." the place the puke lands, ie. the place to avoid when someone's chundering?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Is the "chuck L.Z." the place the puke lands, ie. the place to avoid when someone's chundering?
I took it to mean chuckles, which is a quiet or suppressed laugh :p
But as with all personalised plates, it could mean anything :eek:

PS: I’ve never minded the old man shades, especially if I’m sitting in the back seat on a long drive with the sun beating down from behind. May have to look into getting some :p

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I used to have one on my HR back in the day, really suited the car and protected the back seats as well. The outside Aunger louvre.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Had those Aunger louvres on the Torana.
Looked smick ( for the 1970s) but were a PITA to remove, clean window and replace.
The little tags that clipped under the window rubber seal never seemed to go back in place as easily as they came off.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Had those Aunger louvres on the Torana.
Looked smick ( for the 1970s) but were a PITA to remove, clean window and replace.
The little tags that clipped under the window rubber seal never seemed to go back in place as easily as they came off.

i'm talking about the big black one that covered the back window. nothing under rubbers with that one.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^ ... yep, that is the one. Had metal tags rivetted to the plastic which protruded outside the louvre by about 1/2 inch, (in 1974) now about 10mm.
Lift the rubber window seal, and insert tag, while a couple of the tags that you had just inserted popped out.
Don't know any other method of fitting them.

I have thought about having some of that see-thru stick-on advertising mesh / vinyl put on the Monaro back window........... but, dunno, bit lame ?