Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lang lang to be sold again

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
the lang lang proving ground is on the market again, holden sold it to an Asian electric car maker but they have decided not to market there cars in australia so lang langs not needed any more
i thought holden sold it to them with conditions like preserve heritage and open car club days ?
so what now appartments ,town houses
really needs to be saved for future generations

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I don't think it can be sold as development and I guess it is in the middle of no where so it's not like they can make a suburb out of it. GM was so lucky to sell it last year as quick as they did. I didn't expect Lang Lang PG to be taken up so quickly. I guess the next owners will have to deal with the preservation of the wildlife that is contained within the compound.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Moved to the Pub as it's not really appropriate in the technical sections.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I'm with the Greenies on this one. :cool:
Reportedly .... they want it preserved as is, the journalist-proof fence around it has kept out wildlife predators, and some threated animals and birds are thriving.
Where is money going to come from to do that ? The end of the rainbow ? Just a minor matter for Greenies.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Maybe 500 JCF members can put in 70K and own it ourselves. Open it up to special drive days allowing 50 or so drivers in to experience the track. Holden used to have 100 odd people spending time at the same time around different parts of the track. But where would the vehicles come from?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The old Chysler test track is now the Bend motorsport park, so do the same with Lang Lang....