Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Laptop has blown up.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
So this afternoon when I was watching a video on youtube, my laptop just turned off, without shutting down or anything.
It was pretty hot, so im guessing it's blown up? the CPU usually cruises on about 85 degrees so it must have jumped up for some reason.
I've tried turning it back on obviously and it dosent to anything.

Anyway what should i check first to see if it's repairable? etc.. Or am I just wasting my time.

Cheers,

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Put it on charge...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Check to see if the fans are dusty. I would say it just went into thermal protection.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Give it time, let it cool down.

After an hour, remove the battery, plug the power cord in and try turning it on. If all looks good, whack the battery back in and away u go. As wraith said, check ur fans for dust.

Did u have the laptop on ur lap covering the fans?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If it were hot and shut down it might have just shut itself down because it went over such and such temp and it's protecting itself?. Give it some time and see what happens. 80deg is pretty high even for laptops.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Sounds like the same problem my sister had when she got her laptop, the battery wouldn't hold a charge.

Try these guys cost you about $40-$50 let them diagnose the problem and tell you if its worth fixing.

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/locations.php

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yeah old batteries do that, price from battery world should come up cheaper than brand battery, unless eBay.

Remove all power from the laptop before booting up, battery and ac, I know it happens a with both HP and toshiba laptops. Plug in ac only and she'll boot. Then whack in the battery.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Mine turns off sometimes, I just wait a lil while, remove the battery, plug AC in, boot it, shut it down, put the battery back on, and boot it again. My old laptop had a dodgy battery, I bought a new onf for $100 from the computer shop near my place.

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
Weird....mine did exactly the same thing about 8.30ish...it was pretty hot, even though I've got a fan pad underneath it. A few hours later and it's working again. Oh well