Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last Falcon has 'Stang cues

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I think it's a shame for this new falcon they didn't try a come up with something to compete against the sportswagon
Not worth the spend for such a small section of the market, they have the Terry, etc

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So, ahhh

Taurus anyone? It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

IvioRTe.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i lol at all these "last falcon ever" comments.

are you guys really that gullible to think ford are never gonna release a 4 door "sports" car ever again?? CLEARLY the aussie market is still hungry for power, and the holden/ford rivlry is still very much alive and kicking.

just cos' theyre not made here doesnt mean theyre not gonna get made.

Ari

It can't be too hard to understand that the Falcon nameplate will die, not performance 4 doors from Ford.

I am sure this will be the last Ford to wear the Falcon name for a very long time. After all, it died in the States around 1970.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Not only with ford, but all manufacturers, different model names for individual markets will become less and less. From what I hear there is a fair to overwhelming chance that the "Holden" brand will disappear being phased out running up to or around 2020 unless there is unexpected growth with the new gen Cruze and co circa 2016/17. Expect it to start with a Chevy silverado & Camaro with more chevy models gradually replacing the Holden ones as the new generations come on sale.

As for Ford - Expect the Mondeo to take a bigger role if you want a large sedan. Territory will be replace by 2 SUV type vehicles a-la Captiva/Colorado 7 in the Holden range.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
it grew on me quicker than the VF. i love it, i also rate it higher than the stang

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Ok, side by side I can see the similarities to the Mustang.

Are we getting the Mustang here as a replacement performance Ford? I don't care enough about new cars to know.

If so, is this styling an attempt to get people used to the look before the Falcon name disappears?