Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last few wires left!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
Hey guys doing another v6 conversion. Used the whole vn loom and just got a few wires left iv taken picks. If ya got a vn or even a vk converted to a vn v6 please just let me know where these few wires go. Saves me alot of headaches with tryin to use the dam wiring diagrams! Cheers in advance!

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey mate didnt seem to find pics you have of the project? i am about 95% done with my VH commodore conversion to V6 using the whole VN series one loom and dash cluster, i have also added a few VR/S/T/X parts along the way so i may be able to help let us know more details cheers

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea had trouble uploading the pics. Forgot my iTunes password n shot cos got a new iPhone. Help would be much appreciated dude! Posted the problems a few times in both vn and vk rooms n without pics they don't even bother trying. How did ya go about the instrument cluster? Still brainstorming that area lol. Post a link to ya rides section n il have a look :)

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea I know I know. Stupid bank card ain't come in the mail yet so can't download anythin to my iPhone n can't figure out how to post pics without photo bucket n need the iPhone app to post photos onto photobucket. Um ya could personal message me ya number n I mms ya the pics?

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
You can access your pics via your windows browser.. Photobucket would have to be one of the easiest things to use but if you click on "go advanced" here you will find that you can upload and store them here ;)

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
If your asking where those black wires with Round terminals go.. They go to the chassis of the car
001acx.jpg

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea I thought they did. Um the rest of the post didn't come up.

Ok next one is a main red wire which I thick would go to the starter motor cos it follows along with a thick black wire and heads towards the engine. Pretty sure it was hooked up to the main fusible links but not sure which side.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/vktorana/8987b87a.jpg

Ok this one I know was on the fusible links but not sure which side
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/vktorana/05d7e87b.jpg

Any help would be great thanx

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Project VH

Yea I thought they did. Um the rest of the post didn't come up.

Ok next one is a main red wire which I thick would go to the starter motor cos it follows along with a thick black wire and heads towards the engine. Pretty sure it was hooked up to the main fusible links but not sure which side.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/vktorana/8987b87a.jpg

Ok this one I know was on the fusible links but not sure which side
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/vktorana/05d7e87b.jpg

Any help would be great thanx
The fuseable link on (red wire) i just bolted to the front of the fuseable link case via the bolt and the other heavy red wire runs to the either the ALT or the starter, what sort of end has it got if its a L shape with a hole in it it will be starter other wise the ALT has a flat metal end with a hole and a small rubber boot to cover it up hope this helps cheers