Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model Commodore wreckers Melbourne

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Anyone know of any good wreckers or aftermarket spares places in Melbourne or East region? I am looking for a SS front bumber and other parts and thought a wrecker might be a cheaper alternative to buying the parts new.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
try Kumbak
in Govenor Rd Braeside...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Try Commwreak on the Corner of McIntosh & Matthews Ave, Airport West.
I have had dealings with them in the past and had no problems.
They had a VY SS right off the other day.........rear end damage.......perfect condition Gen III.........mmmmmm
Cheers

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Great. Thanks for the info guys. I'm up Glen Waverly way so if anybody knows of any good ones in Dandy or around that area I would appreciate it. I might have to check out the one in Braeside. There's one in Ferntree Gully but it's not very good with late model cars. Mostly old crappers.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
VXWAGMAN said:
Great. Thanks for the info guys. I'm up Glen Waverly way so if anybody knows of any good ones in Dandy or around that area I would appreciate it. I might have to check out the one in Braeside. There's one in Ferntree Gully but it's not very good with late model cars. Mostly old crappers.

maybe also try HOLDON
they are in Moorabbin or Cheltenham....

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahah I wouldn't buy parts from a dealer In a fit. Those rip off merchants. That's why I wanted a wrecker.

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
I contacted Kumbak they quote me $33 for VT / VX door handle assembly, and Chris there said they had some in stock (silver colour for my VT Calais).
When I rock up there, the stooge at the desk goes and grabs a white one, after I told him I spoke to Chris about a silver handle assembly, and he says:
"We've got them, but they are on cars, it will therefore be $44 as it takes 15-20 minutes to remove" So I said to him , well Chris told me it was in stock and $33 was the price, and he goes: "Do you want a handle or not mate?"
Anyways, he tries to remove one from VT 99 mdl, and both left hand side inner door trims were ripped out, so therefore took only 2 mins to remove, but he busted the first one, the 2nd one came out fine. So much for the 15-20 mins labour. What a bl00dy stooge.
He was such a rude pr1ck to me, has anyone else had similar experience with Kumbak and their staff?
On this basis, I recommend that anyone go elsewhere, as this guy was unwilling to help me out. However Chris on the phone seemed very friendly.

Cheers,
VT97Calais

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
I would have told them to shove it.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I try to advoid Kumbak and have had almost identical experiences there.
The guy on the phone is great, the guy behind the counter treats you like something you stepped in. On the phone they always have the part, when you get there they go have a look to see if they really do have the part

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Hahah I wouldn't buy parts from a dealer In a fit. Those rip off merchants. That's why I wanted a wrecker.

common misconception, yes you can get some good deals from wreckers and what not, but for instance i can buy a vz ss front bar from holden for 300 brand new, or i can buy a second hand bar for 250 -300 of ebay and wreckers