Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
i dont know why they wouldnt do it, i wated years for it and gave up and had a guy do it for me..

to be honest i can understand why they dont, all the people on all the forums winge and bitch and say they will get there car tuned and come time to put the money where there mouth is they all run away...

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Thanks Tommy...gotta say it's a much finer drive now.

Thanks Dale much appreciated.

Arronm ya just gonna have to wait. But as I said earlier data not really complete unfortunately so not sure if will satisfy all.

Iam not interested in peak results only mid range 2500 - 4500. I dont normally drive around at 6500rpm.

For instance my typhoon makes 115rwkw at 2500rpm, 268 at 3500rpm and 338rwkw at 4500rpm so a power spread of 223rwkw across 2000rpm. I can rev all the way to 5500 or 6000 for the full 360rwkw but I mostly never do. Most times I dont rev past 3500. Iam eager to see the low to mid range power spread thats all.

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
i dont know why they wouldnt do it, i wated years for it and gave up and had a guy do it for me..

to be honest i can understand why they dont, all the people on all the forums winge and bitch and say they will get there car tuned and come time to put the money where there mouth is they all run away...

....nearly all :). Money well spent I reckon Dale. I will happily push the tune as I'm hoping to get another run at some point 'cos would like to see how it looks in 4th.

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
from memory its about 20rwkw at 2500 and 30 at 4500..

once i got the auto stuff done will be able to run it up in 3rd and 4th no problems

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
20 @ 2500 and 35 @ 4500

sclarke7171

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI UTE, Leather and crap
I have a Walkinshaw CAI on my 10 SIDI and it is a noticeable difference. Interested to know what it is on a dyno. Other question. Does shell E fuel make a difference. I know the premium does. But sadly my fuel card won't let me buy it.

Clarkie

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
OK here are some 2nd gear dyno runs before and after tune both are with CAI and Headers and based on the speed (assuming this is correct) it is at about 6000RPM.
sididyno1.jpg

The second graph looks like a 3rd gear run with CAI and Headers and based on the speed (assuming this is correct) it's at about a 6000RPM
sidi.jpg

All runs shown here appear to be under the 6750RPM rev limit. 1st graph I think shows good gains but unfortunately no peak RWKW 4th gear runs. Hope to get some more runs and better data at a later date. It seems to have settled into the tune now (if thats possible). Pulls hard with second gear starts and is a joy to drive down low around town and between 4500-6500 it plays hard. These mods all seem to work real well together, a well spent 4k I think. What next? :)

Last edited:

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Seriously, not worth it. Don't waste your money.

I put a full exhaust, intake, tune into my V6 VE Calais (195kw Alloytec) and it made 154rwkw... Live with the V6 as it is, will be easier to sell/trade later if it's not modified.

You really are an idiot. Nobody cares that you have V8's and 6 cylinder turbos! Ive had a low 10 sec Toranas to VL Turbos and i still think the VCM tune on my SV6 was worth every cent. Its not all about how much power you get for your money, the VCM tune gets rid of a large amount of the torque management which improves general Driveability.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
funny thing is, full exhaust, intake and tune and he only managed 154rwkw! Ive spent heaps less and made more rwkw!