Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

launching ve ss

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
It would be 460 hp at the treads which is mid range for a cammed ss.
I have a small cam and got 330rwkw, guys with monster cams can push 380rwkw but are not street friendly.
Back to the question, just get some semi slicks mate and launch at about 4000, should get 11's with that set up.

So does he have 460 hp, or kw? If he is from the USA fair enough talking HP, just because they can't get with the rest of the world.....but is it a 6L or a 366? Does anyone read the figures on this forum before they comment?

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
thats 364 ci traidmarc. im pretty sure he means hp which would make sense with his set up, just need him to verify.

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
just a question on taking off with an auto?? how do you go about getting revs up on that before taking off? foot on the brake, then slight acceleration? AUTO FRIVERS please advise best take off methods??

Troy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV UTE
Yeah guys im talking HP.. its not quiet 460 (more like 458). a mate has the same set up but slightly larger cam and has got 460 plus.
Cheers for all the help guys, im not goin down expecting to put down an awsome time i just wanna do the car some justice :). I think my main problem has been throttle control and not being able to hold off from flooring it after take off.
Cheers for the help heading down to woop arse wednesday this week so will see how we go :p