Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Launching your car at the drag strip

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
( 383 in a HQ at 130kph entering a freeway snapped a shaft , dug in and tore half the box out and took 10yrs off our life I reckon )

how do u tare half of the gearbox out with a snapped tailshaft that digs into the ground, when the box is infront of the tailshaft? i can understand punching a diff out, but if the shaft was still connected to the box it would be dragging behind it?

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
It snapped , well physically twisted in half about 2 foot back from the box and dug the back half in , kicked the arse up enough for the front Bit to drop down still with the spline shaft connected in the box and dig in vertical as it came back down . Broke the back output shaft outta the box and cracked the case 2/3rds along above the pan (T400 )
Something I never wanna experience again.
It had enough force to flip the centre console lid open-and sling the sunnies sitting over it out the passenger window

D

devilly

i read the title and thought i wonder how many cars your jumping over :) :)

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
TC off
Select 3
Stall it up enough to just take up the slack in the driveline. (1500rpm max) and dont do this for too long will heat your g/box fluid.
Mash it on the last amber light.
Collect 16-17 second timeslip.
Repeat.