Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaking radiator - argh!

vk6hgr

Reaction score
Website
vk6hgr.ampr.org
Members Ride
VT series 1
Hi all.

After having major overheating problems with my VT V6 (and having new hoses, new heater tap, the thermostat and radiator cap replaced as well as the radiator cleaned out) looks like I'm already up for a new radiator - argh!

Symptoms are bubbling from the overflow when the car has been stopped and a green puddle under the car afterwards :)

Probably just a pin-prick hole but as you can see it's in a hard spot to see. Can they be welded or is it best to just replace?

Attachments

• radiator_leaking.jpg
    radiator_leaking.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 516

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
my son in law used "Chemiweld" ... sounds like that... you put it in the radiator water and it seals the hole.... its even good to fix leaking head gaskets..... or else you could try Ahreldite ( glue) and glue the hole in the radiator.... Maybe its best to get a new radiator coz if there's one hole fixed, maybe the next hole will soon appear...

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
pretty sure there is radiator cubes or somthing like that you can use try repco/super cheap auto