Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaking Water?

jabbavx

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP
I have a leak in my car that i cannot track down. It has rained recently but the car was under cover for 4 days and it is still leaking when driving. Basically it is leaking from behind the dash down the drivers side of the gearbox? The water hiots my leag about half way up my calf and only when in a turn. The water appears to be fairly cold so i was thining it might be A/C related or something? Any idea?

Melfice01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 2000 S1
I have the EXACT same problem...

I think it's to do with airconditioning overflow, that should come out under the car... last time mine was clogged.. and a quick piece of wire or sometihng up the tube fixed it... but now 4 months later, its doin it again... does anyone know is there 2 pipes or is the another cause for this problem.

Friction

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a new Commodore
I had this same problem with my VP the day after I bought it, so I took it back and they put it up on a hoist and the mechanic grabbed a long screwdriver and gave some rubber grommet a push and heaps of air conditioning water came out. This is a very common problem with the VP's apparently. This problem is caused by the rubber grommet (or whatever its called) under the car blocks the air hoses and therefore leaks out whereever possible, usually on your leg when going around a corner.

I can't really help you on the exact location of this rubber grommet, but its somewhere up the front dear the diff. (I couldn't see exact location as I wasn't allowed in the workshop when the mechanic did it).

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
DO NOT USE METAL!!! You risk poking a major hole in your heater core, which means that your dash will need to come out, and a whole lot of other stuff as well.

Plastic cable ties work just as well and don't do any damage unless you really punch them in really hard.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I have leaves that drop into the bonnet and come under the feet after a couple of days. If they can get in god knows what else could, Water.