Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaves In Aircon VN

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
is there a easy way to remove the leaves and keep em out!! Are they damaging my aircon? sometimes they hit that fan and make a noise.

its really funny i clean my car vacum it the leaves fall out for it.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Anyone have an idea?

anyone had this prob?

gsmrobinson

Reaction score

NO, Partly and Yes. Does that help?

Possibly not!

No there is no easy way of getting the leaves out once they are in there. All I can recommend is that you pull the Plenum chamber cover off (under the wipper arms and remove all the leaves you find there. And remove the glovebox and the belly plate behind the glovebox and remove any leaves you find there and pull the air flap up for the recirc and clean any leaves out from there. Other than pulling the car apart there is no easy way...sorry mate!

Partly because if you stop parking under trees or driving and cover your car for 24/7 then you will get no leaves. Otherwise put a bit of mesh (flywire etc) over the big hole on the passengers side of the vehicle under the plenum chamber dirrectly under the windscreen and silastic it there making sure that there are no gaps an that you still have airflow for the fan (i.e. don't silastic the whole thing, just around the edges.

Yes, the chemical composition of the decaying leaves can cause the evaporator to get damaged and the simple fact that you have all of those leaves sitting on top of the evaporator can cause a bad restriction in airflow.

Hope that helps...

Kind regards Guy.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks guy, have to look into getting fly wire over the holes.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If out do Salem post some pics..............hey I just realised I don't know your real name.......
Cheers

dontsailbackwards

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V6 '94
Also - Open the intake flap on the passenger's side (it just rolls open) & feed the vacuum hose into it. Jiggle it around while it's sucking & have a listen to all the forestry getting sucked out of the fan. It made a HUGE difference to my VR - blows lots more air now. Hurrah ! Thanks for the tips here guys.

:)