Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Conversion

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ask then if they’re legal for road use via email so that their answer is in writing.
I suspect that'll only result in giving you someone to sue when you get pinged rather than stopping you from getting pinged; except I don't know if the chances are all that high about being pinged TBH (the politico-constabulary landscape might change but if it does you can always swap back).
If it were me, I'd be more concerned about what I was doing to other road users (and are they likely to careen into me as a result of the fact they can't see anything?) - but others don't care so much about that.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
To be honest @vy_berlina03 i wouldn’t bother with the LED lights.

I had a set of (good branded) LED lights in the mistress and ended up taking them out because there sh*t.
And its not a fault with the led’s it’s that LED’s are really bright to about 15m then useless after that.

I ended up getting some Phelps Crystal vision and there really good would recommend over any LED’s.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
@Mattricho

Thanks for that I was looking for that kind of info.
I currently have the Phillips blue vision and one has just died after 2.5 years and was looking at a alternative but might just buy a new set and stick with them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Plenty of threads about retro fitting LED headlight globes. The general consensus is they don't perform well in Commodores.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
lf you own a 4b with a roo bar its a requirement...

You're saying that all the 4WD's out there with bars must have LED headlight globes?? In most cases retro fitting LED's is not even legal. And how did we get on before LED's were even a thing? Doesn't make sense. I owned a 4WD with ARB bar for 10 years and never was told I must fit LED headlights. Heck even LED driving lights were only just becoming available. Most bloke were using HID driving lights but these were certainly not common in headlights unless you have self levelling lights, which very few people would have.

Last edited:

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I think that @gohrdrgomad was having a dig at all the city cowboys out there in there lifted 4WD that can’t corner because it so high and have never even driven past a dirt road having LED headlights that because the truck has been lifted now shoot straight through your back window and into all of your mirrors as they tailgate you.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
You're saying that all the 4WD's out there with bars must have LED headlight globes?? In most cases retro fitting LED's is not even legal. And how did we get on before LED's were even a thing? Doesn't make sense. I owned a 4WD with ARB bar for 10 years and never was told I must fit LED headlights. Heck even LED driving lights were only just becoming available. Most bloke were using HID driving lights but these were certainly not common in headlights unless you have self levelling lights, which very few people would have.
No not a legislation requirement just to be up with the trend. It's my sence of humor.